Default Recommendations for creating my own website?

Can anyone recommend a website that helps you create your own website? I've used siteblast for the past 6 years and I am the only one left using it b/c they are no longer in business (I found that through no help from them!)! I mainly use my site to share pics of the kids because we have no family close-by. My husband has 12 siblings...10 are females and most of them have grown kids, so they enjoy looking at our young ones. The pics from siteblast didn't come out that good so I would like something that shows better pics. You can see it at www.thesiroisfamily.com. I also like to have a section to post news once in a while. I would love to be able to transfer all the hard work I did, but that might be too much to ask for. I need something easy and inexpensive!!

THANKS!!!
    Michele

The website provider that I use is amazing, but I'll be honest, it's not cheap, and I don't think it's what you're looking for (this is more to build a website to make money)

Nevertheless, nobody else has replied so I'll let you make the call rather than me say I don't think it's what you're looking for.

Wow-I'm being too wordy! Go to my website http://www.quickandeasydinner.com
    Then read the "About Me" on the nav bar....the website info is at the VERY BOTTOM.

I hope you find something somewhere! Good luck
    Tiffany

I taught myself using very easy and user friendly sites like HTMLGOODIES.com, Lissa Explains it All, and Dynamic Drive.

DD has some great scripts for photos...and for adding news and such you can have a very simple HTML page or add a blog to your site. I really loved Wordpress...super user friendly, free, and lots of ways to customize!