Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Any ideas on how long they usually run this sale? IL's are on board I think, but I have to submit ideas for DS's 1st b'day before they'll start on Christmas gifts.

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't know anything about Magna-tiles, but I'm intrigued. I have 2 girls - age 7 & age 20 mo. They both like Legos & my oldest has quite an imagination. Would these be a good "Santa" gift for them? It'd be nice to have some toys in the house other than "Barbie." The reviews I've read say ages 3+. What age(s) are your kids that like playing with these?

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I keep hearing that the clear ones are better. Can anyone tell me why?

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks for the code!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Default Thx, OP!

Also, another site to try...keep in mind, I've never ordered from them before and they seem to take a while to ship, but it seems like a good deal.

http://www.highreach.com/scripts/pro...?idproduct=445

The clear tiles, 100 piece, are on sale for $104.99. There's a code for 20% off - 8CFA (enter at checkout).

www.highreachoffer.com

This will come out to be $83.99, but shipping is $9.99. Still, a pretty good deal. If you live in NJ or NC, though, there is tax, otherwise that's it.

I can't vouch for the store, but I'm trying it...If anyone has had any experience with HighReach Learning, please post. They seem to specialize in educational/teaching supplies/curricula.

octmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kcimato
    I keep hearing that the clear ones are better. Can anyone tell me why?
    If you have a light table, they look really cool on it. Kind of like stained glass. My dc's preschool has magnatiles and they kids sometimes use them on a light table.

Other than that, I think it's (a) aesthetics and (b) sometimes kids put things inside structures they build, and they can see the objects inside through the clear tiles.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

These are awesome. To those wondering, we got 200 of the clear ones last Christmas. Kids were 3.5 and 18 months and both loved them. DD is now almost 2.5 years and she plays with them all the time - builds houses for her dolls, a fence around a horse, etc. DS just builds fancy looking things.

I like them a lot because they are big enough to not worry about with little kids around. I will not have to put them away at all when DS2 is crawling.

We have clear and it's nice to see through them a bit. DD is always putting things in her creations.
    Kris

vwh99 is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

DS was 18months when I got these for DD at 4years. My kids love them...DS is now 2years and he plays with them every day building all sorts of designs. We have the clear 100 and I'm getting another set for Xmas.

I tried the High Reach last winter after Xmas but they were all sold out. To be fair, it was very hard to get Magnatiles anywhere. Customer service called me to ask me if I wanted to wait the several months for them-I didn't but they were very courteous. I'm trying them again this time for that 20% off. Thanks to the poster for the code!

Val

Quote Originally Posted by shoxie
    Also, another site to try...keep in mind, I've never ordered from them before and they seem to take a while to ship, but it seems like a good deal.

http://www.highreach.com/scripts/pro...?idproduct=445

The clear tiles, 100 piece, are on sale for $104.99. There's a code for 20% off - 8CFA (enter at checkout).

www.highreachoffer.com

This will come out to be $83.99, but shipping is $9.99. Still, a pretty good deal. If you live in NJ or NC, though, there is tax, otherwise that's it.

I can't vouch for the store, but I'm trying it...If anyone has had any experience with HighReach Learning, please post. They seem to specialize in educational/teaching supplies/curricula.

I bought that set from HighReach a few months ago and had no problems (shipping wasn't the fastest). I felt fairly comfortable ordering from the company because my DD's parent's day out program uses their curriculum. Definitely the best deal I've seen.

kcimato is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by octmom
    If you have a light table, they look really cool on it. Kind of like stained glass. My dc's preschool has magnatiles and they kids sometimes use them on a light table.

Other than that, I think it's (a) aesthetics and (b) sometimes kids put things inside structures they build, and they can see the objects inside through the clear tiles.

Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast