Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

My son puts animals and dolls inside the houses and looks at them.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Quote Originally Posted by lynnea6
    I bought that set from HighReach a few months ago and had no problems (shipping wasn't the fastest). I felt fairly comfortable ordering from the company because my DD's parent's day out program uses their curriculum. Definitely the best deal I've seen.
    Thx for posting about your experience with HighReach. Hopefully, it'll work out for me, too!

jillmk is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Thanks!

I received my Magna Tiles from Edufun today! Thanks again, OP!

Smile

Thanks for the idea and for posting the deal! These look fun. I think DD will love them.

Kerrie

I received my Magnatiles order yesterday. I like them enough but I have to say I feel a little ripped off for $100. There doesn't seem to be any reason that these should be so expensive. Also, DH noted that DD won't be able to pick up anything she creates because it will fall apart if she does. Am I the only one to feel this way? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the OP posting the deal and I'm sure DD will like them, but $100? Seems like a lot.

jillmk is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

This is our second set of 100, so I guess I can safely say I don't feel ripped off. My three girls absolutely love them and play with them all of the time. We've had them for almost 10 months now and they still love them. DH originally felt the same way about the price, until he started playing with them too. And now he is the one that suggested another 100.

I'm not sure I understand the picking up thing...do you mean to pick them up to carry them to another room? You couldn't really do that with blocks either though, right? That hasn't been an issue with us I guess...and for my kids at least, knocking them down is half the fun of it.

I hope that after playing with them you don't feel so ripped off! Hopefully your DD loves them!

Quote Originally Posted by jillmk
    I'm not sure I understand the picking up thing...do you mean to pick them up to carry them to another room? You couldn't really do that with blocks either though, right? That hasn't been an issue with us I guess...and for my kids at least, knocking them down is half the fun of it.
    I didn't quite get the picking up issue either, but when I mentioned it to DH, he pointed out that you could pick up things you create with Legos. They are definitely pricy but both my kids love them as do the kids that come over to our house. We only have a 32 piece set and I'm asking my mother and sister to get the 100 piece set to add on for Christmas.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Quote Originally Posted by ett
    I didn't quite get the picking up issue either, but when I mentioned it to DH, he pointed out that you could pick up things you create with Legos. They are definitely pricy but both my kids love them as do the kids that come over to our house. We only have a 32 piece set and I'm asking my mother and sister to get the 100 piece set to add on for Christmas.
    Yes, that is exactly what my DH said. He is a big fan of Legos so I think he was comparing Magnatiles to Legos and thinking they weren't as flexible as legos.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla
    Yes, that is exactly what my DH said. He is a big fan of Legos so I think he was comparing Magnatiles to Legos and thinking they weren't as flexible as legos.
    But, can you stick your Legos to the refrigerator?? . We always have some one the frigde and front door.

The magnets are pretty strong, so it lets you make things that are somewhat cantilevered. I think the strong magnets is what increases the costs.
    Kris

chlobo is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have the set with the car bottom & my DD was very frustrated with them. They seemed to come apart way too easily for something with a magnet. Maybe it's just that she's too rough or doesn't have good fine motor skills. I'm keeping them to see if my son like them. And, of course, my daughter will love them as soon as she sees my son playing with them. lol. In fact, I think I'll take them out and try that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast