arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default How do I fix crib scratches?

I have the Munire Oxford Crib in cherry and the top of the front part of the crib has scratches from what I presume is us leaning over it with zippers, belts, etc. I called Munire and they sent me some extra paint. It is as simple as painting over the scratches? Does the paint dry fairly quickly or should I wait until we leave for a weekend so that the paint has plenty of time to dry?

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just leave them, it's part of having a baby and i don't want any paint flaking off and getting in their mouths.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

It's a convertible crib (turns into a full size bed) though, so we will be using it for a long time. I'd like to learn how people fix these if they have any experience doing so. Thanks!

dukie41181 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am also wondering about this question and am hoping someone has an answer.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We used our Stanley Contentment (white) dresser as a changing table, and it did get a little worn where we leaned up against it. They sent us a paint pen and I just touched it up. It was no big deal. The two teeth marks DD put in the crib rail got touched up, but they also sent us another teething guard. I'm still not sure why they only put only one one rail to begin with.

I'd just touch it up and not worry about it. I'm pretty sure you can count on the furniture not looking "new" forever if it is in a kid's room. BTW, nothing in your house will remain intact if you plan on keeping the kids there, IME

Thanks! I guess I will go ahead and use the paint Munire sent me. Hopefully, that will cover up the scratches pretty well.

I have a Munire Majestic in Walnut and also have this same problem where DD used the railing as a teether. I was wondering how to fix it. Munire just sent you paint for retouch. I will have to call them. Thanks.