Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default Review of Crazy 8 clothing?

I recently learned about Crazy 8 (late to the party). What do people think in terms of quality, fit/sizing, styles, durability? Like Gymbo/Gap - or more like Old Navy/Target? Or is it like H&M, which I consider in between those two, quality wise? Just curious. Thanks for any feedback! BTW, I'm buying for a girl...

for Sandy Hook

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Crazy 8 is owned by Gymboree, so its equivalent in the Gap empire would be Old Navy. I don't know about it more than that, however.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

I would also say that it is Old Navy quality. I bought DD a couple of summer tee shirts and they were very thin and screenprinted. But the prices are very reasonable. I believe that for BF it is 20% off and if you have a coupon from Parenting mag, it is an additional 20% off.

HTH
    Stacey

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lexie's mom
    I would also say that it is Old Navy quality. I bought DD a couple of summer tee shirts and they were very thin and screenprinted. But the prices are very reasonable. I believe that for BF it is 20% off and if you have a coupon from Parenting mag, it is an additional 20% off.
    what's "for BF"? I do have a parenting mag coupon, which is what sparked the interest! ;-)

thanks for the feedback.
    Last edited by citymama; 11-03-2008 at 06:57 PM.

for Sandy Hook

C99 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama
    what's "for BF"? I do have a parenting mag coupon, which is what sparked the interest! ;-)

thanks for the feedback.

I am guessing that she means Black Friday.
    Caroline, mama to DS 01/03, DD 05/05, DS 04/07
    http://littleshoulders.blogspot.com
    "Now that you're here, the word of the Lorax seems perfectly clear. UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not." -- Dr. Seuss

I have a few things from Crazy 8. Her sweatshirt ran small, but the 6-12 mo t-shirts I got her seem big. The quality is not as great as Gymboree, but they're not going to be in them long, so it's a great compromise to me.

They are having a Friends & Family sale Nov. 6-9. Here is a link to the printable coupon. I'm not sure if you could use your other 20% off coupon as well, but I would save that one until BF.

http://recp.rm05.net/servlet/MailVie...5NDc2IAS2&mt=1

dd had a 3/4 sleeve capri romper. nice weight, nice snaps, nice seams, washed well. not as nice as gymboree, but not bad at all. size ran small. it was a gift, so no clue what it cost. i'd shop with them based on that one item.
    ---------
    A-M
    happy mother to DD1, 7/08 & DD2, 2/12
    charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society, 1/11

I believe in the power of BBB Good Mojo.
    ---------

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I ditto the other comments. I ordered a cute 2 piece set for my DD last spring. Size 12-18 mo. and it fit true-to-size - but I never once put it in the dryer as I was certain it would shrink. Very thin fabric but has held together after many washes. I'd buy from them again, but never full price. I'd consider them the same quality as ON, TCP, Target, & Wal-Mart.

I agree that the pricing makes it a good purchase. We have several tops/legging sets and hoodies that we use for play wear. Really cute clothing, but definitely more like Old Navy/Target quality.
    Maggie's Mom

Karenn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think I'm ready to put Crazy 8 quality a step below Old Navy and possibly Target. DS wore holes in his jeans from there *very* quickly. Old navy jeans have never done that. DD wore a brand new pair of crazy 8 leggings yesterday and the hems were rolling up before she'd had them on half a day. I like the prices, but I think I can find better quality clothes for just as cheap elsewhere.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast