Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Toddler girls undies in plain colors, preferably organic cotton?

I found the HA online--but I am a little concerned that the sizing is ages 3-6 for small. I can't imagine how a 3 yo and 6 yo could wear the same size. What has been everyone's experience with the sizing?

What other options are there?

TIA

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DD is 36", 30 lb, and comfortable in the plain xs, but we also have some S patterned ones that she is wearing. They're a bit big, but she wears them.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

actually, i think it's fairly common for kids to wear underwear for a long time at that age - they tend to shoot up in height, and gain less in weight. my 6 yr old is just barely outgrowing the xs that she wore after PT - so 3-6 yrs can work. i think many kids keep a similar build, too - mine has always been a stringbean.

if you want hannas, try calling the HA outlets. they have a $5 unders sale still going on, i think. not sure if it includes organic ones or not. and, yes, that should be $5 for 3 pr. a great deal for hannas.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Hanna unders rock. Make sure you get the hipsters not classics!

kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That was going to be my next question--- hipsters are the way to go--even for a just barely 3 yo who is graduating from (potty patty) trainers that are shaped like the other style?

Thanks!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kayte
    That was going to be my next question--- hipsters are the way to go--even for a just barely 3 yo who is graduating from (potty patty) trainers that are shaped like the other style?

Thanks!
    Yeah, they are the way to go! The trainers are fantastic, and while the classics may look like they're shaped the same way, they actually fit differently - they sit very very high (like grandpa's pants), definitely higher than any pants or skirts she may wear. Hipsters provide coverage where you need it, don't ride up...they're great. My 2.5 yr old loves them, and she wears trainers as well.

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

My 3 year old and 5.5 year old can both wear a size small HA hipsters. My older DD is string bean skinny though. I have no idea if a average almost 6 year old could fit in them.
    Jen

shishamo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have a 4 year old DD and a 6.5 year old DD and they both can wear the same underwear. So I do think undies can be worn for a long time.

Hanna underwear also last forever, and here is a good example- when my son was potty trained (he was 3), I bought 6 pairs of size M briefs from hanna. I wanted them to be somewhat loose (he does not like tight underwear). They stayed up fine and my kid is on the skinny side. Anyway, my son will turn 9 in December and he is still wearing the same underwear! Other brands fell apart and needed to be replaced (gap, hanes, etc.) . Hannas just keep going.

The original hanna ones still look good, no holes or anything after 6 years of at least weekly washing.

By the way, my girls favorite undies are the mini boden ones. They are somewhat thinner than hannas but still nice, my 6 year old calls them my cozy undies.
    Mom to three kids

AddiesMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just ordered 3 packs of white ones from HA outlet in Kittery ME, on sale $5 a pack and a pack of printed ones for $5. Total $26 with shipping.
    - Michelle

Addison 11/9/05

Go Red Sox!

Dd wears HA hipsters, but two pairs had the seams in the back unravel (after a year of wear), so I tossed them and got a set of Gap undies to try. I love them. They are just as soft and thick as HA, have covered seams, and are actually narrower in the part between the legs, so they fit my dd better b/c they don't bunch up (she is currently in xs HAs). The Gap size 2-3yrs is actually slightly larger than HA xs, but considerably smaller than HA s (I also have smalls, just to be ready). I do feel like the jump in size between xs and s in HA is too big.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast