Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Hanna Andersson dress size?

DD is 2 yrs and is 25 lbs and 33 3/4" tall. By the size chart she could almost wear a 90, but the lady on the phone suggested a size 80 and that her child wore the size 80 until she was almost 4yr old. Help anyone for sizing for a dress?
    Tammy

Big DD
    Little DD

DD is two and half and weighs as much as your daughter - a little taller though. For playdresses, she wears 90 and for all other clothes she wears 80 (including pants). Some T-shirts and too baggy on her. Let me know what you are considering and I can tell you more - DD has tried virtually everything in the store :-)

Naveena

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yeah, for some of the dresses, an 80 will be perfect, and a 90 will fit next winter. Playdresses...I put DD in the 90 last year and the sleeves were roller over. It fits her with plenty of grow room still at 30 lb and 36 in.

What style are you thinking? The Dala horse dress and some of the others where you can't fold the sleeves over would just be too big. ITA with the PP about pants.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

If it's a playdress set, I would get a 90.

I was looking at the Dala dress and thought the size 80 would be better.
    Tammy

Big DD
    Little DD

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Yes, go for the 80. If it doesn't work out, they'll probably send you the 90 w/free shipping. I can't imagine HOW the 80 wouldn't work, though, since I had that size DD and the 90 dress, and they didn't go together.

Even an 80 sweater I got for DS for this winter fits 2.5 yo DD with plenty of room for the winter. Sweater stuff fits differently than some of the other items.

TraciG is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I just ordered a play dress set & am not sure I ordered the right size, what do you all think ? My DD is big 57 lbs 43 inch's. I ordered the 110 for height BUT her weight is 10 lbs more then what the dress goes up to. I thought the 120 would be to long.

I even called, I felt she wasn't totally sure herself, if you have to exchange you do have to pay shipping.
    Traci

Mom to Sydney Nicole & Jacob Hunter

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My DD is just shy of 21 mo. (have no idea of her stats, but I think she's average sized). I bought her a sweaterdress off ebay in a size 80 (Day in Marsailles style from several seasons back). It's big on her. My other DD (she's 7) wears a 120 in most things, but her 110 sweaterdress fits perfectly.

I agree with the other posts, for a cotton playdress I'd consider a 90, but if you're looking at a sweaterdress, I'd size down to an 80.

HTH!

maiaann is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TraciG
    I just ordered a play dress set & am not sure I ordered the right size, what do you all think ? My DD is big 57 lbs 43 inch's. I ordered the 110 for height BUT her weight is 10 lbs more then what the dress goes up to. I thought the 120 would be to long.

I even called, I felt she wasn't totally sure herself, if you have to exchange you do have to pay shipping.
    110 - definitely. I think you did good. My 7 year old DD is about 47 in and is just now fitting into her 120's. I think a 120 would be WAY too long on your DD.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Sorry to be off topic, but how much does Hanna charge for shipping? I reeeealllly want some play dresses while they are on sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast