Thread: CS Lunch in MK?

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default CS Lunch in MK?

We leave in a couple days! I am excited, but starting to panic! (and this is a super short trip... I am completely obsessive about planning).

Would love some ideas for a semi-healthy counter service lunch in the magic kingdom. My girls really aren't the chicken fingers and burger type. Would prefer a deli type sandwich, but that appears to be difficult! I will have access to food, so may end up packing them a sandwich, but would love to hear your favorite cs in the mk!

TIA

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Most children's CS lunches in WDW are mac&cheese, hamburger, cheese pizza or chicken fingers. Usually there is only a choice of 2 at any particular location. I think that Pinocchio's Village Haus in Fantasyland may offer a deli sandwich. In general, you are probably better off packing a sandwich. I had to do that for Sarah most days because she won't eat most of the CS meals.

You can also order something off the adult menu and it you don't want the sides (like the fries) then you can ask for the item by itself.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Try allears.net. They have menus with prices listed.

ETA: http://allears.net/menu/men_cr.htm

Cosmic Ray's has some decent choices.
    Last edited by JTsMom; 11-10-2008 at 05:57 PM.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We like Cosmic Ray's the best in MK for CS. The kids' menu choices are horrible anywhere you go, so either pack a lunch for them or order for them off of the adult menu and let them split.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

bnme is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

IIRC Pinnocchio Village Haus and Columbia Harbor House both had sandwichs and salads on the adult menu. Maybe on the kids menu but I wouldn't have noticed becasue all my kids eat are nuggets and mac ). Check out allears.com to be sure.
    Donna

Mom to JT 1/03 and TJ 8/04

Quote Originally Posted by bnme
    IIRC Pinnocchio Village Haus and Columbia Harbor House both had sandwichs and salads on the adult menu. Maybe on the kids menu but I wouldn't have noticed becasue all my kids eat are nuggets and mac ). Check out allears.com to be sure.

Yeah, it actually looks like Pincchio has a kid's turkey and cheese roll up option and a PB&J option, with sandwiches and salads for the adults. BUT, I have heard a lot of negative stuff about it...

Oh well, I guess we aren't going for the food

Thanks for the help everyone!

Hmm, we usually eat at Pinnochio's or Columbia Harbor House when we are at MK. DD likes the sandwiches and Grandma (who works at Disney and makes our trips possible) likes the salads. I also like the choice of fruit as opposed to automatic french fries. I have to say that Disney has gotten a lot better with food choices in the parks.

I have not had a bad experience with either place and when I was at Pinnocchio's solo with DD and she had to go to the bathroom, a cast member stood next to our table to watch our stuff and make sure our food was not cleaned away.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonvol
    Hmm, we usually eat at Pinnochio's or Columbia Harbor House when we are at MK. DD likes the sandwiches and Grandma (who works at Disney and makes our trips possible) likes the salads. I also like the choice of fruit as opposed to automatic french fries. I have to say that Disney has gotten a lot better with food choices in the parks.

I have not had a bad experience with either place and when I was at Pinnocchio's solo with DD and she had to go to the bathroom, a cast member stood next to our table to watch our stuff and make sure our food was not cleaned away.

Thanks for the positive reviews! good to hear