Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    scoop22 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

i spent lots of hours raking as a young girl. i would always say i am moving to a house with no leaves. this wasn't really a requirement but our yard does not have a tree on it.. no raking here. the leaves from the neighbors come over but oh well. this is one chore i hated.

good luck! sometimes the leaves seem like they never go away
    big brother 7/22/05

little brother 4/4/08

trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Many types of leaves are acidic, as they break down, they acidify the soil, combined with acid rain and nitrogen deposition can lead to a dead lawn. You can pile oak leaves under azealas and rhododendron bushes will give them the right amount of acid to bloom more in the spring.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Another reason -- mold. If you have allergies to mold, or you have plants in your garden that are susceptible to mold, you need to rake them up asap.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by scoop22
    i spent lots of hours raking as a young girl. i would always say i am moving to a house with no leaves. this wasn't really a requirement but our yard does not have a tree on it.. no raking here. the leaves from the neighbors come over but oh well. this is one chore i hated.

good luck! sometimes the leaves seem like they never go away
    I remember spending a lot of time raking as a girl too. When we were in CT with an acre of wooded land, we actually hired it out b/c it was so much and we had to do it so many times. They would blow it onto a gianormous tarp and haul it over the edge of our lot into a gully.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

We just wait until the tree is done and then run them over with the lawn mower. I know. lazy,lazy,lazy us. I remember being a young girl and people burning leaf pile in the gutters. I miss the smell of that actually. But I figure the mulch is good for the grass.
    DD1 11/02
    DS 11/05
    and
    DD2 2/09

A leaf sucking truck? Never heard of such a thing. Do you just rake the leaves to the curb and the truck vacuums them away? Sounds cool.
    Karen
    dd 12/03

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2