Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Best places to buy wrapping paper and ribbon?

Do you have a place that you love for wrapping paper? Anywhere that has really nice, unique designs? Or anywhere that's relatively cheap? I'd really like to get some of those great big rolls this year...I always seem to be making a mad dash to Target for wrapping paper like two days before Christmas because I run out.

And what about ribbon? I make my own bows out of wired fabric ribbon, and while I've found some okay deals in the past, I'm betting there's somewhere I could get it cheaper online. Any ideas?

I'm really trying to be organized this year (I already have at least 75% of my gift shopping done) so that I can take some time to relax and actually enjoy the season.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

I bought a bunch from Sam's Club this year. I also like Current Catalog (currentcatalog.com), and of course, Target.

I am trying to get organized early, too!!

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

we have done well with gift wrap from Costco. It's a nice weight. I've bought some cute stuff at the 99 cent store but it is always really lightweight paper and tears easily (before we want it to!).

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I buy my wrapping paper and ribbon at the dollar store. I have to admit that the selection there these days is lacking so I'm going to have to branch out and spend more. Tuesday Morning also usually has cheap wrapping paper.

There is a store at the outlets that sells the large rolls. I think it was called The Paper Factory. They also do a punch card for frequent buyers.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like the large paper rolls at Costco too. I also buy a lot of wrapping paper from Paper Factory at outlet malls. Costco and Sam's have large spools of wired ribbon, but the selection is not very interesting. I am looking forward to seeing some ribbon source suggestions!

Congratulations on being so well prepared for the holiday season.
    angela

Sigh...no Costco here. But we do have Sam's (I don't have a card, but my grandmother does), so maybe I can check there.

Keep the ideas coming!
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

For most gifts we use the art paper that is on the dd's easel. When dd is finished with a painting it goes into a pile. Depending on the occasion we add stamps and/or stickers and have cute, original looking wrappings. I feel awful throwing away regular wrapping paper after something is opened.

My favorite place to get wrapping paper/ribbon is Papyrus. I love that store!

Edited to add: For less expensive stuff I go to Michaels or Hobby Lobby.

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by motherofone
    For most gifts we use the art paper that is on the dd's easel. When dd is finished with a painting it goes into a pile. Depending on the occasion we add stamps and/or stickers and have cute, original looking wrappings. I feel awful throwing away regular wrapping paper after something is opened.
    I may borrow your idea - it's brilliant!

My fave place to buy gift-wrapping stuff is Ikea.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

I love Current's wrapping paper! It's nice and heavy and 'peekproof'. I hate using other brands now that I've used it, because nothing else is nearly as nice!
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast