Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by motherofone
    For most gifts we use the art paper that is on the dd's easel. When dd is finished with a painting it goes into a pile. Depending on the occasion we add stamps and/or stickers and have cute, original looking wrappings. I feel awful throwing away regular wrapping paper after something is opened.
    What a marvelous idea! I'm going to try that this year on some gifts. I too hated the waste of wrapping so I was recycling ribbons, bows, and bags but hadn't anything for the paper yet.

blisstwins is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ikea has suprisingly nice wrapping paper.

I usually wait until after Christmas and buy all the would-be expensive thick stuff really cheap. My favorite place to go is American Greetings. They have really nice ribbon as well.
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by motherofone
    For most gifts we use the art paper that is on the dd's easel. When dd is finished with a painting it goes into a pile. Depending on the occasion we add stamps and/or stickers and have cute, original looking wrappings. I feel awful throwing away regular wrapping paper after something is opened.
    I bought this Hallmark wrapping paper set this year that lets you transform white wrapping paper into a snowman. You add on eyes, a carrot shaped nose, a smile and a scarf to just any gift box. I think it will be really cute and you can run with that idea to make other ideas like that.

Beth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2