Thread: Darn it, DH!

Default Darn it, DH!

Ugh, I just finished paying bills, doing online continuing education, Christmas online shopping, and reading and posting here, and guess what?

DH has already gone to bed and left me a sink full of sippie cups & bottles to wash before I go to bed. Oh, and the dishes from dinner are still in the sink, too.

And what was he doing all night, you may wonder? Sitting on the couch and playing PS3.

I just want to go to sleep.

*sigh*

Thanks for reading - I am logging off NOW so I can get the dishes done and get to sleep.

I'm sorry.

And I understand...all too well. I have to remind myself that it's usually not because he's being mean or lazy or expects me to do it, but that most of the time the poor man just doesn't think. Still not an excuse, but it helps me fight the urge to kick him most of the time.
    Stacy
    Wife to K
    Mommy to A (5) and twins E & S (1.5)

The biggest mistake I made is the one that most of us make...I did not live in the moment enough. I wish I had not been in such a hurry to get on to the next thing: dinner, bath, book bed. I wish I had treasured the doing a little more and the getting it done a little less. - Anna Quindlen

Thanks, Stacy. Yep, DH just doesn't think most of the time or notice things that need to get done.

Update from today: DH & I had a "talk" this morning.

He did all the dishes today (sippies and bottles and dinner) WITHOUT me asking him to do it.

And now I am getting ready to go to bed early!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Way back in August, I told DH that I was feeling like I was doing everything and asked if we could each make a list of household chores and who does them. I said that I would put him for lawn mowing, even though I did it sometimes. It would just cover who was the main person doing it.

I bugged him about it every few weeks. Finally, 2 weeks ago, I emailed him my list and a version with more things for him to do . I think seeing it in writing helped. Now, we are alternating some of the things by week. This week, he's doing all the dinner cleanup and I'm straightening the living room.

Before this, I felt like you - I was cleaning and he was playing.
    Kris

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ugh. So many times I feel like if they can get away with it, they will. And they wonder why we nag. insert eyeroll.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Leave. the. dishes.

Seriously, they won't disintegrate in the sink. Let him do them tomorrow (which he eventually did). If you "rescue" him, he doesn't have to do it. Just go to bed and leave it for him.

As you can tell, I have NOOOOOO problem leaving a mess for later
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."