Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default The Nose the Just Keeps Running

I know this is something everyone goes through, but I'm so frustrated with the whole runny nose thing. DS is like a fountain of snot, and I feel so badly wiping that little nosey all the time. He's 17 months (nearly) and doesn't know how to blow it out, so it just drips down all the time. I know it's sore and sensitive because he takes off running if he sees me with a kleenex and cries when I wipe it. I've tried using a warm washclothe. Doesn't seem to matter.

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My dd has the same problem right now. I frequently put on Eucrin or vaseline type cream after wiping so that next time I wipe it won't hurt so much.

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Won't you be happy when he learns how to blow? You feel sorry for them because you can hear all of the snot in their head, and you know there's just no way for them to get it out.

I sometimes use small squares of flannel instead of Kleenex. I've used it on DS and me, and it's much gentler. Plus, you can find really cool patterns. Most of ours have monkeys on them.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DS #2 is 15 months and same thing. For going on 4 weeks now. I put Aquaphor on him all the time and try to use only tissue (not paper towel etc) on him. So not at all fun. SORRY!!!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I feel your pain!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We had that for about 2 weeks! I put some aquaphor or lanolin ointment on his nose to protect it from the moisture.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trentsmom
    I sometimes use small squares of flannel instead of Kleenex. I've used it on DS and me, and it's much gentler. Plus, you can find really cool patterns. Most of ours have monkeys on them.
    Seconding, except we use the cloth wipes we got back when DS was still in diapers. All three of us had a cold at the same time and wiped out 3 boxes of tissue so we switched to using the cloth wipes and tiny baby washclothes when the noses were so sore.

I was searching eBay for handkerchiefs for this reason, there are some dang cute kid handkerchiefs out there!

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-1960S-SN...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mabel-Lucie-Attw...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/VINTAGE-NEW-OLD-...QQcmdZViewItem

hopefully posting this one here means someone will buy this one, otherwise I might have to!
    http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-childs-k...QQcmdZViewItem
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well, the nose that just keeps running has now been joined by the eyes that just keep running... yes, DS has pink eye... sigh... and boy is he mad at me about having to have eye drops.

trentsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ooooh, I hate having to deal with eye drops! And at your DS's age, he may not understand that getting the drops helps him. Good luck.
    DS1 11/03
    DS2 5/09

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Ugh! I got pink eye when I was preggo and miraclously DS didn't get it. I was so scared b/c I cannot fathom trying to get drops in his eyes several times a day. Plus, it's so uncomfortable. I can't image keeping his hands out of his eyes! So sorry!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast