WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Indoor trampolines: square or triangle?

This one is in the Target ad this week http://www.amazon.com/Kid-Riffic-484...ref=pd_sbs_t_3

but I've seen these around as well http://www.amazon.com/Galt-America-A...8047769&sr=1-1

Anyone have experience with them or know of a way to get a deal on the folding one? We have space issues and will appreciate any storage perks.

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Round?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow
    This one is in the Target ad this week http://www.amazon.com/Kid-Riffic-484...ref=pd_sbs_t_3

but I've seen these around as well http://www.amazon.com/Galt-America-A...8047769&sr=1-1

Anyone have experience with them or know of a way to get a deal on the folding one? We have space issues and will appreciate any storage perks.
    We bought a round one two years ago from www.kiddlywinks.com Unfortunately it does NOT fold but we have been very happy with it. It says "Joey" and has a picture of a little joey jumping on the surface.

HTH!
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

No actual experience with trampolines, but I would think that a square one would have more "usable" jumping area/space. The triangle shape seems more limited in space. I'd go with a square.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have the triangle one from Target ... it does take up space (although we have it sort of in a corner of our playroom and it's not too bad). We've had it for 2+ years and it still looks new. Our kids like it and other kids who come over seem to like it too, but it's not played with daily. For me the price difference b/t this one and the more expensive square ones wasn't worth it
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We've had the Galt one for a while and it has held up well. I liked the idea of a folding one b/c we also have space issues. However, it is not that easy to fold, so we just leave it open all the time. It goes on sale at Amazon every so often.

HTH

We have the Target one & enjoy it.

HTH

Amelia

DD 3/06
    DS due 3/09

We have the same Jump Start one that you say is in the Target ad. (I had purchased it for $35 from amazon). I bought it 3 years ago for my son (now 5 1/2) and it's a toy that's always been a HUGE hit when friends come over, although it's not something that he's played with much alone. However, my younger son (almost 3) does like jumping on it a lot by himself, which has led my older son to recently become more interested in doing so more often as well.

The electronic noises (the machine counts, plays music, etc.) that it makes seem to increase the kids' enjoyment of the trampoline. (And I can't even recall ever changing the batteries--they've lasted a very long time!) The triangle shape doesn't seem to be any less functional than a square shape because they hold onto the handlebars and jump high in the same place.

Regarding space issues, it is rather large and you need to be aware that it may not fit through hallways once assembled. For example, we can move it out of the playroom it's in because it fits through the doorway but it's too big for us to move it up our stairway out of the basement. It's very sturdy, though, and has never tipped over--even though my older son and his friends like to jump up high, then basically do a handstand holding on to the handlebars while they walk their feet up the wall behind them. The trampoline still looks brand new, although I am careful to enforce a "one-kid-at-a-time" rule. So, I am definitely glad I bought this particular trampoline and would recommend it if you have the space.

HTH!

We have the square one from Leaps and Bounds (I think it might be made by Galt) and both of my older two jump on it every day. It provides a large enough jumping surface for my 4 year old to do the "seat drops" that he learned at gymnastics class. I agree with a PP that the folding feature is not really that useful and we have only used it when we need to move the trampoline into a room that has a small doorway. It was a Christmas gift last year and continues to be put to good use.
    V, mom to
    DS (2004)
    DD#1 (2006)
    DD#2 (2008)
    DD#3 (2010) home from China 3/2012