bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Another Frontier recall??

I just got off the phone with my local BRU. Yeah, they have a Nautilus on hold for me!

However, I wanted to compare it to the Frontier. She told me that Britax has asked all the retailers in Canada to pull all Frontiers from stock and not sell any. I asked if that was about the harness and she said NO, its a separate issue and is not anything about the harness recall.

She said this isn't a recall yet, but is something to do with the Frontier plastic. She said that the FR plastic is black and is recycled and Britax is investigating buckling of the plastic. She said all the other (white/grey) Britax plastic is virgin resin (?), but the black stuff is recycled.

Does anyone know anything about this???? AHhhh, I just want to scream!

Maybe this is an omen I should just get the Nautilus and be done with it.

I will say, this particular clerk at BRU really seems to know her stuff with car seats. I was impressed.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Weird... Hmmm... Well, lots of seats are that black blow molded plastic (Regent, and Combi and Nania used that type of mold...), so I'm not sure if that really is the deal...but some people had some loose chunks of the seams flopping around in their seats I think, so hmmm...
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I'm on hold with Britax CS right now. WTF is WRONG with those CS reps anyway? This one is arguing with me that the Frontier wasn't recalled in Canada. Um, she's wrong. It was recalled in Canada.
    Melissa

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

OK, well 2nd CS rep at Britax says that BRU has a store policy that they pull any recalled seats and send them back to the manufacturer to be replaced. So, the fact that BRU Canada has no Frontiers right now may be because of the harness recall (which the 2nd CS rep *did* know affected Canada too), or maybe because of some obscure plastic issue that Britax CS denies any knowledge of....

Weird.

The Nautilus is looking better and better....
    Melissa

Yeah, BRU pulls everything, whether it is recalled or not (What a thorn in my side THAT is! At least it was only 4 FR's and not 6 dozen SR's, lol...all our FR's are post-recall, but I still had to pull them)... So we can't quite determine a problem just from BRU alone...but it'll be interesting to see if anything comes of this new rumor about the plastic, for sure!
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#