HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Does Toyota have a LATCH weight limit?

I know Honda's is 40 lbs. I also have a MA in DH's Camry so he can take 1 child if need be and right now DS uses it. It is currently FF as DS is 36 lbs. I can't remember if Toyota also has a LATCH limit close to Honda's or if I can use LATCH to 48 lbs in that car (DS gained 4 lbs this year, so I assume it will be at least another year-or close to it-that I can get away with LATCH if it only goes to 40 lbs.).

Thanks.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

They defer to the carseat maker...so your MA is 48 pounds, but ironically if you get a Frontier, they list the top limit as 40 if the car maker doesn't say anything, so the limit on that seat would be 40. Bizarre, huh? (Britax is just trying to streamline everything by going with the lowest common denominator, the cars with the 40 pound limits...I guess the couple cars with 39 pound limits were even too low for them to stoop to? Porsche is 39, lol).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It's good to know that I have until 48 lbs in the Toyota. DS will outgrow the seat by height before he reaches that point. I find the LATCH install so much easier and I'm dreading the seatbelt install in the Odyssey. (I know everyone says it's easier, but I get so much forward/backward movement of the base when tightening the harness that it just doesn't feel as secure to me--I must be doing something wrong, but I have yet to figure out what).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007