Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Moving to Pampers Cruisers from Pampers Swaddlers

We've been using Pampers Swaddlers Sensitives and love them but I'm fairly certain we'll need to move to a bigger size (3) within the next two months.

We plan to transition to Pamper Swaddlers as she's not really mobile. She doesn't like rolling around and prefers to do backspin to move around rather than hang out on her tummy.

Still, I'd like to know the differences b/w Swaddlers and Cruisers as they both come in Size 3. Have you transitioned from Swaddlers to Cruisers? If yes, what was your experience? Yeah or Nay? Any other brand recommendations?

What are the differences between Swaddlers and Cruisers? Is it true that they changed their formula and now do not come with the mesh lining found in Swaddlers?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year, everyone!

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Gosh, they change these things so quickly as I already feel out of touch with a 2.5 yr old! So a comment from an old mommy, who hasn't ever heard of Pampers Sensitive Swaddlers: Swaddlers rock. Stick with them as long as you can. Then move on to Cruisers, which IMO are the next best thing out there, but not as good as Swaddlers. Then fast forward 2 years until potty-training happens and you say goodbye to diapers once and for all! Until that happened in our home, we were very loyal Cruisers, and before that Swaddlers, customers.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I used Swaddlers Sensitive for the first few months, I found that strip letting you know when the diaper was wet was really really helpful in the beginning. Functionally I couldn't tell much difference between regular Swaddlers and Swaddlers Sensitive.

Swaddlers seemed too bulky once my DD started sitting up. We transition to Pampers Baby Dry at that point (almost 4 months). When she started actively crawling (6 months) I started using Pampers Cruisers. I actually like Baby Dry the best, they're really simple and she never had any accidents with them. Cruisers work well. Swaddlers I think are best suited for non-mobile babies.
    Last edited by wellyes; 01-02-2009 at 10:28 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I liked Swaddlers for as long as possible because they seemed softer.

Beth

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I picked whichever ones were cheaper, but always stayed with the better Pampers brand ones.

mommyp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We started with Swaddlers and transitioned to Cruisers. I really like the Cruisers, DD is always moving and they seem to fit her best. If she's not super mobile, I'd probably stick with Swaddlers as long as possible.
    DD January 2008
    DS September 2011

sste is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Swaddlers as long as possible then when he outgrew them to Cruisers. At one year we started using Target brand diapers during the day and a Cruiser at night to save $$ (Target not as good as Cruiser but it does the job and diaper leaks/explosions are less frequent for older babies).

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We liked both...we transitioned from swaddlers to cruisers with no issue and are still using cruisers pretty much exclusively. When we were transitioning they just started making swaddlers in size 2-3 but I couldn't find them many places. I saw today that they now carry the 2-3s in big boxes at BRU so for any future babes I would probably stick with the swaddlers longer.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

We transitioned from Swaddlers 2-3 to Cruisers 3 no problem. They're not quite as soft as the Swaddlers and it seems like the Cruisers 3s are the same size as the Swaddlers 2-3s. I only got confused the first morning when I saw a dark splotch on the back of DS through his onsie and thought he'd pooped...it turns out I saw the pattern on the diaper instead.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For both DS and DD we went from swaddlers to cruisers around size 3. Swaddlers are nice b/c they have a 2/3 size that worked really well for DD before moving into the cruiser 3's. We tried pampers baby dry, but just did not like them (the tabs were not as big and they actually gave DD a rash). The cruisers worked so well with DS and DD that we just stuck with them.

Don't get me wrong, we tried huggies (we only use the overnights because I hate the tabs on huggies for all the time use), we tried luvs (gave DS and DD a huge rash), we tried kirkland, but they are similar to huggies and the tabs didn't work well for DS and DD's large bellies. Some of the cruisers have a mesh that wicks away wetness (which is what we liked especially for DD).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast