Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tide

srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Well, my skin gets irritated when I try anything mainstream but Tide, so it's worth it for me. Admittedly, I've never tried any of the alternative-type detergents.
    Last edited by srhs; 01-05-2009 at 02:28 PM.

salsah is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

does anyone where i can find purex powder? i checked target today but they only had the liquid. i used to use it years ago, but the store that i bought it from closed.

HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use All Free and Clear due to DD's excema. Tide free still broke her out so we had to switch. If I wasn't tied to All, I would generally use whatever was on sale or I had a coupon for.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

I use All F&C and oxyclean and vinegar. I also pretreat with generic dreft for really tough baby stains. Works amazing.
    Jenn
    M - my 7 yo ADHD/anxiety monkey.
    TT - my 4yo tiny terror.

"Swimming is not a sport. Swimming is a way to keep from drowning. That’s just common sense!" "I don’t have a fear of heights. I do, however, have a fear of falling from heights." “No comment” is a comment."
    "The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it." "Atheism is a non-prophet organization."
    - George Carlan

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G
    I was using Method liquid detergent and finding that the boys shirts were coming up with grease spots on them...typical of my messy little guys. I needed new detergent and decided to buy some Tide, their clothes seem to be coming up a bit cleaner. Maybe I'll give Purex a try next time. I don't know that Tide is worth the extra expense.
    You know what I discovered about the grease spots? My washing machine was off balance. I experimented with so many detergents (powder, liquid, brands...) and I was careful to put the detergent into the running water to get it to dissolve before adding clothes. No matter what I did I was getting mystery grease spots. Sheila (punkrockmom) passed on the off balance machine idea and since we have leveled our machine the mystery grease spots are gone and I use Method liquid with no problems now. Just an idea.

Beth

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Long ago I used to be a die hard Tide user. Then I started cloth diapering and the Tide was not doing the job. I found that Pyrex, which is like less than half the price of Tide did just as well. Of course, I no longer use Pyrex now either, I use Charlie's Soap, been using it for two yrs now and haven't looked back.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I have been a Tide w/ bleach fan, regular scent only, for years.

Recently I bought some Tide w/ Downey in it to try out. Well, after washing some of our new Christmas clothes *1* time, I am t-i-c-k-e-d off!!! The clothes totally faded out and look worn! Grrrrr...

Teach me to try new things #@$%!
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2