Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Tide

Default Tide

Is this worth the extra money? I use gain and oxy together.

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don't think so...but it's just my opinion. I've been using Purex for a couple of years now at the suggestion of the Queen of Clean. I was a Tide user before that. Purex is tons cheaper and I can't see any difference. Also, I've started using a lot less than the suggested amount of detergent (also per advice from the Queen) and have noticed no difference from that either.

Tondi G is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I was using Method liquid detergent and finding that the boys shirts were coming up with grease spots on them...typical of my messy little guys. I needed new detergent and decided to buy some Tide, their clothes seem to be coming up a bit cleaner. Maybe I'll give Purex a try next time. I don't know that Tide is worth the extra expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tondi G
    I was using Method liquid detergent and finding that the boys shirts were coming up with grease spots on them...typical of my messy little guys. I needed new detergent and decided to buy some Tide, their clothes seem to be coming up a bit cleaner. Maybe I'll give Purex a try next time. I don't know that Tide is worth the extra expense.
    I have found the oxy spray in the blue bottle with yellow lid pretty good at getting out grease spots before they hit the dryer.

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Honestly, I've tried so many different detergents and I don't find anything special about any of them. Then again, it was just me and my DH so it's not like we had tons of stains to get out. Lately, I've been adding oxyclean to DD's clothes and have noticed a bit of difference; I've been soaking them in it overnight for food stains too. While it's better, they're not totally gone. I use Dreft btw, per my ped's suggestion to help with her rashy skin.

heatherlynn is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It's worth it for me. But if your clothes are coming out clean using something else, than I wouldn't switch. I'm too lazy to pre-treat and add things to my laundry, though.
    H-
    DD 1998
    DS 2004
    DD 2005

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm always blown away when people say they don't notice a difference, b/c I always noticed a HUGE difference! Consumer Reports even rates Tide #1. I think it has to be the powder to get the biggest bang for your buck though.

My theory is that if you aren't that messy of a person, it probably doesn't matter all that much what type of detergent you use, but if your clothes get filthy like ours seem to, then it does.

DS is constantly covered in food, which means I am often covered in food- and greasy stains especially are tough to get out. DH works in the auto industry, and before he got into management, he often had stinky, greasy, filthy clothes- and his work shirts were white! In college, I bartended and waited tables, so I had filthy clothes from that as well, often with really tough stains like berry juices, etc.

For me, nothing ever performed anywhere close to Tide.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I used to use Tide, but several years ago I switched to All F&C and then lately I have been using whatever is cheapest, like Purex. I really don't notice much of a difference. I do find that the Dreft pre-treating spray (which is very hard to find) works very, very well.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Quote Originally Posted by JTsMom
    I think it has to be the powder to get the biggest bang for your buck though.
    Maybe that is my problem, I use the liquid. Will get the powder next time to test it out.

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I use Tide Free HE. I would play around with some of the other options out there, but we are quite the sensitive skin family, and Tide has always worked well. Maybe something cheaper would work, too, but I'm too lazy to give it a try!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast