JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default When to take vitamins with high fiber diet?

I have been following You on a Diet for almost 2 years! I have lost and maintained almost 50 lbs. I generally feel great. However, lately I notice that I feel naseous in the morning. It suddenly occurred to me that it might not be a good idea to take my vitamins with my breakfast, which is very high fiber. I have not taken the vitamins from the beginning, but have gradually added them, as I noticed my body seemed to need them and they are part of the diet's recommendations.

I take a multivitamin, Vit C, Vit E. and have just added vit D (I live am having a difficult time this winter).

For breakfast I eat shredded wheat n bran, 2 tb of flaxseed, and soymilk. Lunch is generally a veggie burger with whole grain bread, and salad. Dinner varies a lot but generally includes includes a whole grain, vegetarian protein and vegetables. I eat 2 snacks a day which tend to be fruit, yogurt, and/or nuts.

Anyone have knowledge/suggestions about this?

Thanks,
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

fivi2 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have no official knowledge, but I usually take my vitamins before bed, just so they don't upset my stomach. Make sure your various ones can be taken at the same time - some things need to be spread out and others can counteract each other. (I don't know if this should be a big concern, just one of those things I heard somewhere!)

I really don't think the high fiber is the issue...I just find that if I don't have a solid meal with my vitamins I get nauseous. Maybe your cereal is just not enough, kwim? I usually take mine after lunch, which is usually a turkey and cheese sandwich. I take a centrum and 2 fishoil capsules and I'm fine.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh