Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions and replies, everyone!
    Yes, it is twice daily Pulmicort. Last week when she had a bad flare up and we were on albuterol every 4-6 hours, she would actually ask for it because it made her feel better, but the pulmicort doesn't change how she feels immediately, so no more of her asking for it! Ugh.
    I've been holding the mask up to her face and she'll even hold it against her face. She flips out if we put the band around her head.
    I think we'll have to get more creative with shows/DVD's for her to watch. She really hasn't watched TV aside from when we turn on Clifford for nebs, so most of it will be new to her and that should help. This is such a pain in the butt and I dragged my feet on starting (we should have started a month or two ago) but after her bad flare up last week, it became clear that this is in no way optional.

She is in love with Elmo - she knows him through toys and Earth's Best crackers, so i think that will be my next tactic.

Thank you!

Default Fireman Hat

Forgot part of the uniform/costume... watch DVD, put on fireman had then he put on the mask himself and turned on the button. It has been a while (what a blessing) since we needed this.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Since you're going the TV route, and she's 17mo, I have some suggestions for good shows for her:

* Sesame Street, of course.
    * Blues Clues
    * Jack's Big Music Show
    * Little Bear
    * The Upside Down Show
    * Oswald

All of these are very gentle, heart-wearming shows with good educational material, and zero worry factor. All very age-appropriate. This was also the age that DS was introduced to his first three movies via DVD, and they were enormous hits with him. I'm so glad these were his first:

* Madagascar
    * Toy Story
    * Cars (even for girls)

Best of luck. It really will get better!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

when i was not pregnant, i would "go first" and let him hold the mask. dh does this now. he tolerates it better if he can hold it with our help.

the nebulizer reminds me slightly of toothbrushing. it's good to hear that it gets better as time goes on.
    neeley

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2