Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default At what age did your DC use pullups, if at all?

Ok, DD is 19 months. She sits on the potty in the morning and at night and occasionally, things happen. She has been asking to sit on the potty periodically during the day lately as well (sometimes it's succesful, usually not at this point, but she wants to so I let her). FWIW, at 19 months DD wears a size 6 diaper--don't know how much bigger the smallest pullup would be as I don't usually pay attention to the weight limits on th box.

Do I use a pullup now or not? I didn't go through this with DS. He never used pullups during the day, just at night. He day trained in 1 week with underwear and a couple of accidents (wears goodnights at night and probably will for a long time since he comes from a long long line of bed wetters).

Anyone with BTDT advice I'de be grateful.

Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My dd1 pt'd by 22months and I never used pullups for her at all until I tried them for night-time use only at about 27 months. Pullups aren't really necessary and they are more expensive so we did without. I think it's just personal preference!
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

So did you just let your DD use the potty and change her diaper while standing up? My DD is rather stubborn and I am going to have to fight her to get a clean diaper on (as I do now pretty much all the time).
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Clarity is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Either standing up or she'd lay down for us. We didn't have the struggling as an issue. I see why they might be nice in that case. Why not get a small bag and see how they work for you?
    big girl 6/06
    little girl 9/08

"I'm not stupid; I just don't stop to proofread." (PRM?)

Never used pullups. When they showed signs of being ready to potty train, we just started taking the diaper off to go potty and after a day or so of that, we'd switch to panties and learn in a day or two.
    ~~AngelaS~~
    Mommy to 3 girls: A, G and M. (15, 11 and 8.5)

The education of all children, from the moment that they can get along without a mother's care, shall be in state institutions at state expense.
    – Karl Marx, "The Communist Manifesto"

DD is only 19 months. I know some children can train by 24 months. I'm hoping she keeps asking to use the potty and we actually get action. Right now the whole diaper thing is becoming a struggle, but I'm not sure pullups are the answer.
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DS1 only used them at night so that he could get them on and off himself, if needed.

DD wears them during the day because a Rite Aid was closing and I could get them for $3.30 a pack, which is cheap. She started about 2.

I don't think they impact potty training, really. I don't think they encourage it.
    Kris

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DD used them at around 22 months - she was in panties by 26 months, except during naps and at night. I didn't expect to use pullups at all, but they were much easier for us when we were encouraging her to try to use the potty AND her daycare preferred them.

The Pampers Easy Ups are basically diapers that pull up and down, if she's fighting lying down changes, it might make things easier (I got the 'feel wet' ones in hopes it would speed things along...I don't really think it did, though...Leahs's 35 months and JUST trained... she's earlier than my other two, so maybe it helped? lol).
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I never used them. We went from diapers to underwear, although at a much older age, right before 3. They seemed more expensive and less absorbant, in my local friends' experience. DS trained in a few days, though, so the accidents were minimal, and running around in underwear only was tolerable.
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast