Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I believe that other than the Navy Pier trolley, the Chicago website says that the other free summer trolleys have been discontinued :-(
    Also, be sure to not hype up the beach too much - we have been having beach closings on some summer days (especially later in the summer) and wouldn't want her to be disappointed.
    Lincoln Park Zoo is FREE! Although, in August be sure to check the weather/heat index - some days are just miserable sticky.
    Stop by the Chicago cultural center - they have tons of info. on what's happening in town (with brochures & maps) - plus, you can pick up discount coupons and free day info. too. Check to see when the air and water show is also in relation to your visit -- once you get closer, the Chicago website should have a cultural events calender pretty well defined - summer months bring Tues. night movies in the park (free), Thurs/Sat orchestral concerts in the park (also free)
    Oh, and Chicago has a Rainforest Cafe, which some kids also like to eat at.

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Giordanos' on Rush St has great Chicago style pizza and isn't far from your hotel.
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

Wow! Thanks, guys! There are so many great ideas I am really looking forward to planning this trip. She has never seen real skyscrapers before, so I think walking around will be a treat in itself. Good idea on the bathing suit under clothes for the fountains also. Thanks again for everything!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2