Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cutco Knives

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Cutco Knives

Does anyone here know a rep for Cutco knives? We have one from my FIL and we LOVE it. I find myself reaching the Cutco one all the time vs the Henkles ones!

Thanks!

Laura
    Last edited by LD92599; 02-02-2009 at 11:05 PM.

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Can't help you with the rep, but just wanted to say we feel the same way about cutco. My DH sold cutco in college and we have a number of pieces from his sample set. If we could afford it, I'd get the full homemaker + 8 set b/c the knives are so much better than anything else we've ever purchased
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I absolutely have a direct line to a Cutco rep. PM me, and I'll get you what you need.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

While we're at it, can someone tell me why Cutco is better than Wusthoff?
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    No idea since we only have one piece, but DH grew up with the set and always RAVES. And I do find myself reaching for the one piece we do have.

I'll PM you!

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Haven't used Wusthoff, so no idea, but we do love our Cutco. We have a fairly large set (bought pre-kids when we had disposable income!) and a few of the pieces were purchased from my brother when he sold them in college...so...14 years ago? I'd challenge anyone to tell me which pieces were the "old" ones and which ones were "new". They're fabulous, and it's really nice to always have the right knife for the job.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

We love out Cutco set. (Homemaker plus 8) We've had them for almost 8 years now and have sent a couple of knives back to Cutco once for a really good sharpening. We've now turned my sister and BIL on to them so they get a knife every year for Christmas.

shilo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    I'd challenge anyone to tell me which pieces were the "old" ones and which ones were "new". They're fabulous, and it's really nice to always have the right knife for the job. Sarah
    ITA. but even better, when i sent all of mine and my parent's knives in to be sharpened last year, we each had one with a small amount of damage (my parents paring knife had a tiny broken off tip and my scissors handle had accidentally come into contact with a pan right off the stove and had a melt spot). i followed the instructions on the website for their 'forever guarantee' expecting to have to pay some sort of repair fee since they were both user error issues. nope. they replaced both for free and shipped them back with all the other sharpened knives. DH bought them before i knew him so they are more than 14 years old and i love our cutco.
    lori

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jenmcadams View Post
    My DH sold cutco in college and we have a number of pieces from his sample set.
    My DH sold it too. Some of our knives are 20 years old. We had a few Cutco and few non-Cutco and I hated the non-Cutco with a passion. I got on the Cutco website and asked for a rep. to contact me. Someone came out, college age and I made the guy's day - I knew exactly what knives I wanted and I got several at once. They weren't a set as I already had a couple. I think he made a pretty good commission.

I was called last month, was I interested in sharpening, but I don't want them to come to the house, as I'll buy something more, and I don't need anything. But some of you sent them in...mmmm maybe I could swing that.

My MIL gave us one knife a year at Christmas. So, that's an option to build up a set. I actually dislike cooking at friends houses with non-Cutco knives, I'm so used to the set I've built up, and I have a knife for every need. Good knives are worth it if you cook a lot.

ETA. for the OP, if you're going to get a knife, the ones I reach for all the time are the trimmer, the Santoku knife (this is my newest from MIL and I love it), and the Petite Chef or the Vegetable knife (really only need one of these) and the Hardy Slicer - great for meats and for things a little tougher to slice. I have one pairing knife with a broken off tip - thank you Mum for using it to scrape out old caulk from the bath tub! We also have 2 carving knives, but only need one, and a set of steak knives.
    Last edited by niccig; 02-03-2009 at 01:53 AM.

Any particular reason you want to use a rep? You can request a catalog and order directly from them. http://www.cutco.com/customer/catRequest.jsp We get catalogs in the mail all the time - they have a phone # to call to order directly and there is an order form in the catalog that you can use. You just go to their website and request the catalog. Now, if you want to see the products first, then you would need a rep. They also have shows where you can see the products http://www.cutco.com/company/fairsShows.jsp

My Dad sold Cutco knives when he was young and both my parents love them. Their lifetime warranty is for real. My Mom had a knife that was over 30 years old and the blade had gotten really thin. She called Cutco and they sent her a replacement knife free of charge - she may have had to pay shipping.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast