schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Homemade alternative to Scrubbing Bubble Automatic Shower Cleaner

I currently use the Scrubbing Bubbles daily shower cleaner thing. The refills are expensive, and I'd like to switch to something homemade/greener. It doesn't have to work with the scrubbing bubbles unit - a spray bottle is fine too. I've found tons of recipes on the web, but have no idea what will actually work. FWIW, we have pretty soft water here.

Any tried and true recipes?
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (2002) and Catherine (2003)

"The challenge of parenting isn't shaping your kids to be what you want, it's shaping yourself to be what your kids need." - Wellyes

s7714 is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

You can always just unscrew/pop off the top of the scrubbing bubbles refill bottle and fill it with your own solution. I filled it with the Method Daily Shower spray stuff for a while, but the scent gave DH a headache. I keep meaning to fill it with a vinegar/water/essential oil mixture, but just haven't gotten around to it.

I do like the Method brand Daily Shower spray though, as it really seemed to cut down on the buildup on the glass. So if your family doesn't have any issues with the scent you might try that. Target sells it in spray bottles and then a big refill jug size.
    Jen

schums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks! I'll look for the Method stuff at Target the next time I'm there.

Anybody else with ideas?
    Sarah
    Mom to Alex (2002) and Catherine (2003)

"The challenge of parenting isn't shaping your kids to be what you want, it's shaping yourself to be what your kids need." - Wellyes

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

nak-
    we squeegee the walls quick (like in under 30 seconds) after showering and that helps with spots, etc.

We just use baking soda or bon ami to scour when we need to. Sometimes vinegar w/ that as well.