ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Which booster for a big 4 year old?

We have a Nautilus as her primary seat, but need to get a seat for the second car. (DS has grown out of our 26 inch/20 lb limit Snugride at 2 months and needs DD's Marathon!) The seat will be primarily for daycare pickup and dropoff, but we'll also likely bring it with us if we fly anywhere so we don't have to lug around and install/uninstall a larger car seat.

DD is large for her age - 48 lb and 45 inches tall, long torso and average legs. Our visit to BabiesRUS was not enlightening. I am confused by the price span of the Graco turbo boosters. The Compass/First Years folding boosters sound appealing, but we haven't seen them in real life.

Thanks in advance.
    ncat
    mama to DD 12/04, DS1 11/08, and DS2 7/13

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I asked this question a year or so ago for my friend who was looking for one for her big 4 year old. A Sunshine Kids Moneterey was recommended for younger kids, since it contains them well.
    http://www.elitecarseats.com/Sunshine-Kids-Monterey.pro
    Kris

lorinick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Sunshine Kids as PP said or get another Nauti. You could do a Turbo if you want. The price are for different trim levels and padding. Not any safer than another one on the self.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

When was your Marathon made? If it will expire in a year or two (which is possible if you got it for the 4 yo after the infant seat), then you might consider just getting another Marathon now and keeping the 4 yo in it until it expires. Just another option!
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)