lilye13 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Question WWYD-Frontier, Radian,Marathon- Volvo xc90

Hi all,
    Baby 3 has finally arrived and we -sigh-weren't able to get a minivan as hoped for so we are using our Volvo XC90 and trying to come up with the best combo of seats. See to allow for a third adult ( mother/mother in law)or passenger we have to put baby Graco safeseat next to 2 year old DD Marathon and they really don't fit well that way.( DS, 5 1/2, is in the back 'jump' seat in the bottom of his nautilus. He loves having his own section but totally loses out for naps since he just flops and plops around back there.) We have a radian we used to use for the center seat for DS and I figure I would swap out the marathon for it but hesitate becasue it's not so good for napping etc for DD. Not sure if this would give a better fit with infant seat anyhow. Our marathons, we have 2, will 'expire' the end of this year so I wanted to get as much use out of them as possible but know I will have to give them up soon enough. Enter the Frontier- Does anyone know if this is smaller/slender than the Marathon or Radian? Would it be too soon to put DD in a Frontier anyhow? Once the need to put another person in there is goen then we could just put a seat by each window but not sure when that is or how practical it is.
    Thanks for the help!
    mummy to
    DS 7/03
    DD 2/07
    DS 1/09

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The Frontier is not smaller than a radian. A friend of mine w/twins, and a 4 year old uses a radian (rear facing), a Marathon (ffing), and Frontier in her 2008 Lexus 350, which is similar in size to the XC90. Another friend has an XC90 and has a Decathlon, and a Frontier in the car and has no issues with it.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)