niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Ugh, don't wake me

I've got insomnia again and other signs that my thyroid levels are off. I'll have a blood test, see the dr. this week, so it'll be fine. But for now, I am NOT sleeping. I fell asleep on the couch before it was time to put DS to bed. Did DH and DS let me sleep? NO! DH didn't wake me, but didn't stop DS from waking me and then I had to get DS ready for bed as he wouldn't stay still for DH to do the pjs etc, but he'll stay still for me. DH said he had a headache and once DS was in bed, but not asleep, DH went to sleep. So, DH is sleeping like a baby, DS was in his room but not asleep yet, so I stay up until I know DS is asleep. Now, it's 2 episodes of Law and Order later and I can NOT go to sleep.

Tomorrow night, I'm putting a do not disturb sign on the bedroom door and DH is in charge of bedtime, headache or no headache. Until I get blood test and adjustments to thyroid meds. there's a new rule in the house, Let a sleeping mother sleep!

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

from one insomniac to another. It's really hard! I agree that sleeping mommies need to left alone unless the house is on fire.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kijip View Post
    from one insomniac to another. It's really hard! I agree that sleeping mommies need to left alone unless the house is on fire.
    I was sleeping peacefully when a big bang woke us both up. A car flipped and hit the telephone pole on the back corner of our lot at 3:30 am. The emergency vehicles and tow truck left. Now I'm sitting in the living room watching the power company work on the lines in my front yard, and DD is waking up at her 6 am recent wake-up time. yuk. I don't like being awake at this hour.

Hugs to all of you who routinely are open-eyed in the middle of the night.

ETA: I think it was my late-20's, early 30's neighbor who flipped his car and got a DUI. Nice... thanks, dude!
    Last edited by WatchingThemGrow; 02-15-2009 at 07:23 AM.