Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Tiny Ride and stride right

I purchased a $600 stroller from tiny ride which arrived damaged. I returned the stroller and have been waiting over 1 month for a refund. AFter 3 days of calling and emails, I finally got someone on the phone today who informed me the compnay went bankrupt and was purchased by stride right. So they will not be refunding my $600 even though they have the stroller. Please DO NOT do business with either of these companies.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Call your credit card company and dispute the charges - they will refund you!
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

That's crap!!! Call your cc company and tell them what happened. You should be able to file a report to get your $ back. That is what we did when we bought sky bus tix and then found out they well belly up before we got to use our tix. Good luck, I would just try to resolve this through your cc company if I were you. I think they are pretty used to this by now...
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Wow! That's stinks! I bought a stroller from Tiny Ride recently before all this happened. Any chance you could dispute it with your credit card?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Yeah, dispute with your cc company and you should get your money back.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

jal is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlyaleda View Post
    ... I finally got someone on the phone today who informed me the compnay went bankrupt and was purchased by stride right. So they will not be refunding my $600 even though they have the stroller...
    While obviously disputing with CC will hopefully be the quickest solution, this just doesn't sound right. If company A "purchases" company B, they not only get their accest, they also aquire their liabilities. So stride right should still be on the hook for your refund.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by jal View Post
    While obviously disputing with CC will hopefully be the quickest solution, this just doesn't sound right. If company A "purchases" company B, they not only get their accest, they also aquire their liabilities. So stride right should still be on the hook for your refund.
    I agree, but the CC company is the quicker way to get it done.
    We did this with DS's bed. It had faulty paint finish, replacement bed had the same, so I wanted a refund, which the store agreed to and put in writing on my invoice. Over a month later, I was still waiting for the refund. The CC company was great about it. I called and the rep. said to put a dispute in, and if the store did come through with the refund, we could cancel the dispute. The CC company gave me conditional credit immediately while investigated the dispute. The then sent a from to fill out and I gave all the details about when bought, how I had tried to resolve it with the store etc. It took a couple of months, before the investigation was finished and found in my favour.

To the OP, dispute the charge immediately. Some cards say you have to do it within a certain time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by kimberlyaleda View Post
    I purchased a $600 stroller from tiny ride which arrived damaged. I returned the stroller and have been waiting over 1 month for a refund. AFter 3 days of calling and emails, I finally got someone on the phone today who informed me the compnay went bankrupt and was purchased by stride right. So they will not be refunding my $600 even though they have the stroller. Please DO NOT do business with either of these companies.

Stride Right the shoe company? That is WEIRD I'd get on the horn to my CC company and hopefully you do have proof of your return shipment. What exactly did they tell you over the phone?
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

I think they were a sham company. From the customer complaints I read about them, it seems like they didn't keep any stock on hand or even really any legitimate partnerships with the manufacturers. I ordered a Britax from them. THe website said it was in stock, the confirmation email said it was in stock. Didn't ship within the promised timeframe. I called them and waited forever on hold for their lone CSR to tell me that the item was out of stock. She asked if I wanted the seat in another color. Thank goodness I had read the horrible reviews of the company on yahoo so I told her to cancel the order. (She sounded like she heard that a lot!) I got back online, ordered the seat from Amazon, and had it the next day.

Call you CC company. Don't let these fools get away with this. $600 is a lot of money.
    Catherine

Mom to:
    DD#1 3/07
    DD#2 10/08

and "Bonus Mom" to:
    DSD
    DSS#1
    DSS #2

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jal View Post

It depends on how the actual sale went down. If they bought it out of bankruptcy court, they may not be liable at all. Tiny Ride was part of The Right Start which also owned Babystyle and they are in bankruptcy.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast