Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    trales is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My son grew VERY quickly and only wore each size for one or two weeks. He was in size 4 by 4 months old!
    Wow. My 2 year old is not even in size 4's yet. Kids are so different. You never know.
    Tracey

DD1 3/07 Itching to take over the universe.
    DD2 1/14 My mellow little snuggler.

WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Buying Walgreen's brand is great for stockpiling. I just exchanged 10 bags of size 3 for size 4 because I guessed wrong and it was not a problem and no hassle, since it's store brand.
    The bags of Wags diapers we did get all ran much smaller than Pampers - in every size...something else to consider....

I guess the moral of the story, OP, is to just hang out with the NB and the 1's you have, and hold on to your receipt. See what works for your baby and know you CAN go out and start stockpile if you find a good bargain, have the space and think that your baby is okay with that brand.

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Wow--thanks for all the feedback! I am definitely saving all receipts, I just wonder when I see a good deal or a good coupon whether to take the plunge! My other concern is that my H will be traveling a good amount from about a week after the baby's birth, and I will likely be having a c-section, so I'm not sure when I'll be allowed to drive again.

schrocat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'd stockpile size 3s and 4s because you'd probably be using those the longest. Apart from that, you can't really tell. My 4 month old is 18 lbs and still in size 2s. He's chunky everywhere but his butt and size 2s still fit. DS1 was already in size 3 diapers at the same age.

Huge mistake to stockpile any one brand/size of diaper! You will need to try several brands to see which work for your child. Buy small packs of several brands. My daughter weighed 9 lbs, 5 oz. at birth and even in the hospital did not wear newborn size diapers--went straight to size 1. Lucky us--the best diapers for her were the cheapy White Cloud brand! Seriously! We tried all the expensive name brands and every one of them leaked, but the White Cloud ones never did, go figure. It's all about the fit and you just won't know that until baby is here.

Just one more voice piling on to say that every kid is different. My two were only an ounce different in birthweight, but DS was out of N's and into 1's at 10 days old and then onto 2's by a month. DD was in N's for a good 5 weeks and is still in 1's at 8 weeks -- and although she needs the width of the 1 I have to fold the top down or it is too tall for her.

Quote Originally Posted by jenfromnj View Post
    I will likely be having a c-section, so I'm not sure when I'll be allowed to drive again.
    They told me at the hospital that I could drive "whenever I felt that I would be completely comfortable getting startled and slamming on the break". Again, everyone's different. With my first I babied myself (and had lots of help!) and didn't drive until I had to take myself to the doctor for some incision complications -- I think about 4 weeks. With my second I drove at 2 weeks and probably could have managed much sooner.
    Jessica
    DS 4/06 My Buckaroo "Let's listen to some rockin' out music that's swingy with a beat!"
    DD 3/09 My Sunshine

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3