Default DH/SO ramblings ~ don't really have a title

Sorry this is very rambling

DH and I have had an extremely rough few weeks relationship/trust-wise (nothing huge in the grand scheme of things but big for us) and his reaction to everything and the way he handled it really drove home to me how much he truly does love me and our family. I was thinking this the other night and out of the blue he looked at me and said pretty much the same thing about the way I reacted/handled it.

I am amazed at how much closer we are after this last weekend and really talking through everything and spending a lot of couple time. We had thought we had a really close relationship but we are both amazed at how much closer and stronger we have become in just a few short days.

I know relationships have their ups and downs, it just really surprised both of us at how differently we're looking at each other and our relationship now (in a very good way)!!!

Has this happened to anyone else?
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

jse107 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yes--in fact about 6 weeks ago this happened to us. We just hadn't been communicating well and had been rather snippy with each other. DH pointed it out, we had a talk about it, and then somewhat amazingly, things just really turned around. I feel like we're more of a team again, rather than just two people living in the house!
    Jen
    "What we permit we promote."

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Yes, but not in the same way. Dh and I write a letter to each other once a year, on our anniversary. If you read them in sequence, you see that each year our perspective on our relationship is more and more alike each year. It's actually pretty funny. We see ourselves getting closer with each year, even though the challenges are new and seem to get harder. Not necessarily challenges to our relationship, but life challenges, y'know?

To the OP, glad you and your dh had that special moment. It makes all the junk that comes before worth it.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Last year my friend had an affair. The whole situation was weird and it made for some interesting, thought provoking discussions for me and dh. We got so much closer as a result. Kind of weird that the situation that almost tore apart my friend's marriage totally strengthened our marriage. Our marriage had been fine before that but it really got even better afterwards.

Beth