Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I live in Hawaii and book redeyes to the mainland whenever I can. They are the easiest! The cabin is dark and everyone is sleeping, including my kids. I can never sleep but I'd rather be delirious the next day then spend a day flight trying to entertain my kids for hours.
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

codex87- well, I was unable to get the three days off from work that I was hoping for. So our Maui plans have been washed out

But when we were planning we were thinking of staying in the maui kanappali (sp?) villas (I think its ResortQuest now) based on recos from here. Or in the Whaler's condos. I was checking www.vrbo.com but almost all the places were sold out for our dates.

I hadn't started planning any other activities etc.

Hope you have a great trip!

ps: yeah, the UA direct flight is perfect. It was just too expensive for our dates.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We took DD on a red eye from Long Beach to Dulles and she did fine. Flight time was just over 5/1/2 hours and she did sleep for most of it. She actually did better on the red eye than she did on the return trip. Check out Hawaiian Air too they have some pretty good prices.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2