Default Vasectomy questions

DH is considering getting a vasectomy (with my support of course) We know we don't want any more children and I can't be on the pill because I have a blood clotting disorder. So I would love some feedback from BBers about your or your DH's vasectomy. How much pain was involved? How long was recovery? I read that there could be a decline in the sex drive, did you notice any in your case? Any thing you would share on your experience would be so appreciated.
    Thanks!!
    Sarah
    DS 5/26/05
    DS 5/12/07 our angel
    DD 4/8/08

Moralizing and morals are two entirely different things and are always found in entirely different people. Don Herold

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by katydid1971 View Post
    How much pain was involved? How long was recovery? I read that there could be a decline in the sex drive, did you notice any in your case?
    Pain--more discomfort than actual pain. he said he felt a pulling sensation for a while (few weeks)
    Recovery--can't remember the actual time but we went to Disney about a week and a half later.
    Decline in sex drive?-- heck no

There have been a lot of threads on this subject recently. You might want to do a search. One thing I did not mention before is that there was no loss of sex drive. We have more . Nothing to worry about!
    Karin & Katie Oct. 2002