Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default for those who ordered from "Everything for Child" scam...

I also did and just happened to check my credit card statement online and noticed that I have charges that I did not put on my credit card. So, check your cards!
    Stacey
    Last edited by lexie's mom; 03-09-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: to correct name of company

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Can you elaborate on what happened with this scam? I haven't heard of a scam involving Once Upon a Child. TIA!

Wow Stacey. It sounds like this has been a nightmare. I hope things are resolved in a manner than you feel ok about in the end. Sad b/c OUAC had a good reputation.
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

I think OP is talking about the diaper scam from a website that was pretending to sell diapers for really cheap, not the "Once Upon a Child" used clothing store.

Here's the thread. The site was "Everything for Child."
    http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...ht=diaper+scam
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Ah yes, Everything for Child....it got me, too. I had 3 strange charges on my card....sports equipment, cosmetics, and Virgin cell phone. Have a new number now and am sticking to B&M stores for my pampers. Live and learn, as my grandma used to say!

What if you use one of those single use Paypal cards? Are those pretty safe?
    Strollerqueen

So sorry...thanks for correcting the name of the so-called company. I am going to start checking my credit card activity daily.

Momof3Labs is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

At the time that this happened, it was recommended that everyone cancel their card and get a new number from the credit card companies. If anyone has not done so yet, now is the time!! And call the credit card company to let them know about the fraudulent charges - they will remove them and get you a replacement card (w/ a new account number) quickly. They'd much rather do that than risk more fraudulent charges.
    Single mom to

DS ("twice exceptional") - September 2002
    DS - February 2006
    DD - July 2009
    DD - July 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Momof3Labs View Post
    At the time that this happened, it was recommended that everyone cancel their card and get a new number from the credit card companies. If anyone has not done so yet, now is the time!! And call the credit card company to let them know about the fraudulent charges - they will remove them and get you a replacement card (w/ a new account number) quickly. They'd much rather do that than risk more fraudulent charges.
    That is exactly what I did and this popped up on my new card #. When I called today, they told me that anything that was set up while I still had the old number "Rolled over" to my new number. I explained the situation and specifically requested a new number for that reason but with Discover that does not seem to be the case. Also, they did not even seem to care that someone unauthorized was using my card. They told me that they put the amount on hold so it is not part of my bill until the look into the situation. They also told me that they do not prosecute and it would be up to me if I was to get ahold of them and press charges.

kellij is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Charges showed up on my AmEx this past bill. They charged classified ads on mine. I had gotten a call last month asking if I placed an ad for paying people for texting. I thought that was weird, but now I get it.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast