Default NYC with toddler/infant

We are planning a May trip to NYC with the kids- almost 3 and 10 months. We travel A LOT with them, and they do well in restaurants and museums. Of course, we want to do some very kid-friendly things, but we also plan on the Met. We will be staying in mid-town.

Any suggestions for places to eat, places to go, things to see? Especially budget friendly ideas? This is our first trip to New York, so we want to see the typical things, but would also love the hidden treasures. We will be there from Friday evening until Tuesday evening.

Thanks!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We did the same type of thing, but on a much smaller scale and staying at a friend's place in Brooklyn. Much of our "adventure" was getting to/fro...

DD loved FAO Schwartz b/c of the doll section, the Playmobil area, the stuff animal hallway, and the floor piano from "Big."

We used one Triumph single and an Ergo for carrying people. Oh, and if I needed to wear DS while DH had DD on his back in the Ergo, I had the Bjorn active also.

Picnics and running in Central Park were fun. We did the art museum and such, which was nice for shade and seating.

I'll try to dig up the thread where people gave us ideas!

MCsMom is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

There's also the little zoo inside Central Park, you know the one that Madagascar was based on. There is a sea lion show every hour I think...