Thread: Playyard sheets

Default Playyard sheets

Hello - Do I really need to register for Playyard sheets? If so, how many? I am new to this...what's the use of it?
    Thanks!

I like having them because my newborn spits up, pees through his diaper, and occasionally poos through his diaper onto the sheets--it is nice to be able to change it easily so he can sleep on something clean.

I purchased playyard sheets from Mr. Bobble's Blankets online. They received an "A" rating from the Baby Bargains book. The sheets are thick and soft...they also slip over the mattress like a pillow sham, so it makes it safer for baby. I really like them and would recommend them. I purchased two of them--one to use and one to wash.

He currently sleeps in an Arm's Reach Co-sleeper...we also have a PnP that has yet to be assembled. The sheets fit on both of them.

HTH!

zag95 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I registered for an Eddie Bauer PNP sheet at Target- it is nice and cushy... and holds up really well- I like having it so if there are spit ups or leaks, I can keep my "mattress" cleaner...

One is enough for me, because I'm not using my PNP daily... just when we travel or have little visitors!

newg is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have two for my PNP. Dd slept in the bassinet portion of the pnp for the first three months; so between the spit ups and the peeing it was nice to have a change of sheets. I have the graco sheets and don't like them very much. The don't stay very tight so I think I'm going to shop around for the next time I need sheets for it.

DD1 2/08
    DD2 8/10

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

yes, get sheets. babies leak. I don't have them, but people like fleece baby sheets for PnPs. do a search to find the site.

clc053103 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You may want to just buy 1 or 2 sheets b/c I know of many kids who would never sleep in the PNP (it's a thin little mattress, not sure I blame them). then you can buy more if you determine your DC likes it in there. If AGree with PP who didn't like the graco sheets, they are paper thin and not soft.

clb is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

DS napped in the pack n play. I found that he would get very sweaty without a sheet. He was fine when there was a sheet on the mattress.

I had 2 graco sheets. As PP said they are thin and not very soft but worked fine for our needs. I always strapped the mattress down, so the fit wasn't an issue for me.