kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Where to find stainless steel reusable straw from Oprah's Earth Day show?

A guest briefly mentioned and showed it during the show. When I google reusable straw most of them are glass or plastic. I found one site with the stainless steel one but said they were out of stock until June.

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I was looking for them too. I found them here, with a ship data for 5/11/09...better than June:

http://alwaysbrilliant.com/aa/DT-070...eel_straws.htm
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

would this be safe for young kids' teeth? Seems like my little guys are often chewing on their straw, not sure the stainless steel is a great alternative. And how do you clean it? We have some cups with reusable (plastic) straws and I am contemplating throwing them out as they are starting to look a little opaque

kayte is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by susies212 View Post
    would this be safe for young kids' teeth? Seems like my little guys are often chewing on their straw, not sure the stainless steel is a great alternative. And how do you clean it? We have some cups with reusable (plastic) straws and I am contemplating throwing them out as they are starting to look a little opaque
    I hadn't thought about DD chewing on it. ...hummm...

We have some plastic reusable straws and while they aren't filling up a landfill it is still plastic she is putting in her mouth. Plus they aren't her favorite because they are straight not angled.

I clean the plastic ones we have with a pipe cleaner.