Thread: He's 5!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default He's 5!

DS1 turned 5 today! I can hardly believe it.

We did do the pizza party for the friend party. He had 5 friends and they all made their own pizza. I bought chef's hats and disposible aprons for them to wear. I made the dough and had it in small balls before they came. They used 8" pizza screens, dough, sauce, cheese and pepperoni. I lucked out and Target had plastic rolling pins in the dollar spot last month! They really enjoyed the pizza making, I think.

We played Pin the Pepperoni on the Pizza and Pizza BINGO for games. They loved that, too. Then, we ate the pizzas for lunch, did presents and enjoyed a pizza cake.

They all seem to have a great time. DS just loved it!

ETA: Thanks to everyone who helped plan the party with me!
    We had the family party on Saturday and had a huge storm. The theme was still pizza and pizza was supposed to be dinner, but none of the pizza places had power, so I managed to find enough burgers and dogs and buns to feed 15 people!

Today was just us. He totally didn't realize that we were getting him any gifts, so that was a huge surprise for him. One of his friends got him something he had, so DS asked me to get him something else and wrap it for him to open today. So I did that during school. He opened it after dinner and was thrilled. I managed to sneak in the other gifts without him noticing and he was very surprised.

I just can't think of his as 5. I can still so easily remember 5 years ago and learning everything about him. Crazy how fast it all goes!
    Kris

Sounds like it was a lot of fun! What a great mom to plan such a party
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

s_gosney is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Congrats, mama and happy bday to your big boy! Five seems like such a big birthday to me. I'm glad the pizza party went over well!
    Sherri
    dd 10/03 "Mommy I made a video for you. If you want to see it, you should go to kids dot org slash Kylee."
    ds 05/08 who is quite amused by playing peekaboo with the straw on his foogo cup

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Happy birthday to the big boy!!!! MY DD is heading over that way in another few months and I'm....well, I'm just SCARED at how big she's gotten.

kedss is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Congratulations! Happy Birthday!

Kate
    mom to C, 12/03, H, 06/08 and R, 4/11

"When a woman says "What?" It's not because she didn't hear you. Its because she's giving you a chance to change what you said." ~Author Unknown(posting on FB)

"Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing up is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing." ~Phyllis Diller

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The parties sound fantastic! I'm sure he loved everything. Happy Birthday to him- 5 is so big!
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Oh My! Sounds like you all had a really great time! Kudos to you mama, it sounds like you really made his birthday memorable!
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

Congratulations! Sounds like a wonderful birthday - especially for a big 5 yo! Wow!
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Mamma2004 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Happy 5th Birthday, Big Boy! You have a wonderful mom who worked so hard to make this week ultra-special for you.

Glad everything worked out so well!
    Stephanie

Mamma to James

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

What a fun birthday! I know, 5 seems so big. I'm sure I'll be nostalgic when DS turns 5 as well.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard