So, as some of you may know I'm the MOH for my friend's upcoming wedding. Her shower is going to be next month. They want to do a casual cookout, but this, "shower" will be huge and co-ed, b/c she wants to just have one big one, with both sides of the family AND friends.

Is there a good way to word the shower invitation to get this across? I get the feeling there will be many more relatives there than friends, so the crowd will be older, and maybe not used to the idea of a jack and jill shower (FWIW, I had one 10 yrs ago for my wedding shower, BUT it was just friends). It's going to be a cookout at her parents' house, and there will be a ton of ppl there. The only, "game" we will be playing (I'm going to do a cooking activity with the bride and groom, and idea I stole from another friend who went to a bridal shower recently), they are not into games, and are both past 30, and just not into cheeky stuff, kwim? So, it's like a party, with shower gifts, the one, "game" for the bride and groom, but the groom doesn't want to call it a shower, b/c he says he feels weird going to a, "shower," b/c to him it's a girl thing...