Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Favorite dump-n-go recipes?

I LOVE when DH cooks, however, his concoctions can be quite scary. I am looking for healthy recipes that he can just dump into a casserole or 9x13 pan, pop into the OVEN, and leave it alone...in and out of the kitchen in 10 minutes. I have some favorite crockpot recipes so I am set for crockpot stuff...I just do not have a lot of EASY oven recipes. I would also welcome some freezer stuff. I have some recipes that I make ahead and pop in the freezer. I, personally, would LOVE the ingredients to not be overly processed or loaded with high fructose corn syrup and salt. My favorite freezer recipe was cranberry chicken ("Don't Panic...It's in the Freezer") but it was loaded with sugar and HFCS so it is no longer in my rotation.

THANK YOU!!!
    Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

My favorite recipe in this category is Tex-Mex Sheperd's Pie.

Here is the link: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...rds-Pie-103138

Very easy and delicious.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
    DD 6/2005

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the Arroz con Pollo from the Dream Dinners cookbook. Yummy and very easy.

http://www.amazon.com/Dream-Dinners-...3901798&sr=8-1

LMK if you'd like the recipe.

dotgirl is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm not the OP, but I would love the Arroz Con Pollo recipe!
    - Penny
    DD: Britt (03/22/93)
    DS: Riley (11/04/03)

NancyJ_redo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cono0507 View Post
    I love the Arroz con Pollo from the Dream Dinners cookbook. Yummy and very easy.

How is the Dream Dinners cookbook? I've gone to their locations many times to make meals, but have never looked at or heard much about their cookbook. Are the recipes the same ones in their stores, and are they quick &/or easy?

cono0507 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NancyJ_redo View Post
    How is the Dream Dinners cookbook? I've gone to their locations many times to make meals, but have never looked at or heard much about their cookbook. Are the recipes the same ones in their stores, and are they quick &/or easy?
    The Arroz con Pollo recipe is one that I had when I got meals from the store and we do make it a lot here. I don't recognize many others though. I honestly haven't used it yet as much as I should. Now that I've been looking through it tonight though, I'm finding more that I want to try soon.

NancyJ_redo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks for the response. If you do end up making more recipes from their cookbook and enjoy them, please let me/us know...I'm always looking for good recipes!

On that note, one thing I've been doing lately is checking out Cooking Light's recipes online. I like to only cook healthy stuff (lowfat, primarily) and CL has some awesome recipes. They recently had a feature with all of their 20 Minute recipes collected together and I saved several of them. I've made a few and one of them was so good my kids requested that I make it again every night for a week straight.

It's called Stir Fried-Shrimp With Spicy Orange Sauce and you can find it here http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/re...ipe_id=1646432. I skipped the Chile Paste and instead replaced it with Sweet Chile Sauce so that it wasn't spicy, but you can skip it all together if you want. It was really easy to make (truly less than 20 mins!) and the whole family loved it. I've also since made it with chicken and that was also really good. I recommended it to a friend with kids who are picky eaters and she told me they loved it.

i'd love that arroz con pollo recipe as well if you have the time!

Quote Originally Posted by pakin View Post
    My favorite recipe in this category is Tex-Mex Sheperd's Pie.

Here is the link: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/fo...rds-Pie-103138

Very easy and delicious.

Pakin

DS 4/2001
    DD 6/2005
    Thank you!! Will definitely try!! Sounds like a DH thing!!
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Quote Originally Posted by cono0507 View Post

To save you from all of the typing, is this the recipe?? I found a link online but I am not sure if the person who typed it altered it.

Arroz con Pollo

Arroz con pollo, or rice with chicken, is a classic Spanish one-pot meal.

1 cup uncooked rice (2½ dl)
    1 can black beans, drained
    1 can corn (1 cup frozen / 2½ dl)
    6 (4oz each) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
    1 tsp salt
    1/4 tsp pepper
    ½ cup chicken broth (1½ dl)
    1 cup salsa (2½ dl)
    1 cup marinara sauce (I used tomato sauce and added italian seasoning)
    ½ cup red bell pepper, sliced (1½ dl)
    ½ cup scallions, chopped (1½ dl)
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro (1/4 cup = 4 Tbls) (I imagine 2-3 Tbls parsley would work too)
    1/4 tsp ground cumin
    1 tsp minced garlic
    1 cup shredded cheese (2½ dl)

Spray 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

Prepare the rice according to package directions. Spread the rice over the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Layer the beans, corn, and chicken over the rice and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Set aside. In a large bowl combine the rest of the ingredients minus the cheese. Pour the mixture over the chicken. Sprinkle with cheese.

For dinner tonight... Preheat the oven to 350 F (175C). Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until the interal temperature of the chicken breasts reaches 165F.

If you make a double and want to freeze half... Before baking, cover the dish with foil. Label, date, and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before cooking as directed above.

This recipe is from my new favorite cook book: Dream Dinners... Life Just Got Easier! By Stephanie Allen and Tina Kuna
    Mom to:
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast