Default BJCED - on an airplane?

Hi - not sure to post this in strollers or travel, so please feel free to move.

Has anyone taken theirs with them on the airplane? I can check at the counter instead of gate check if that's easier. I am going to visit my family for three weeks and we do a lot of walking, so I would definitely use it while I am there. I have so many strollers already that I hate to buy a lightweight double......although I am sure I could figure out a way to justify it.

Thank you!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We went through ebates and got a Q series double bag (that's the one that fits it) through babyuniverse.com.

When we're going on vacations where we'll be doing a substantial amount of walking, we see every reason in the world to take it. It just has so many nice features.

Our routine is to use it to get through the airport, with the bag in the bottom of the stroller. The kids have to get out at security, but they go right back in until we get to the gate. We pick up a gate check tag there. DH puts the kids on a seat with me, then folds it, pops the rear wheels off, spins the front wheels off, slips all the wheels into the wheel pockets (although there are only 3!), and zips the frame into the bag. He carries the (heavy) bag up to the gate as far as they'll let him. Not sure if he's ever been allowed to take it down the jetway, but he puts it at the door to it at least. Then, when we board, he carries it down to drop it off. Upon arrival, we thank the people who brought it up (A LOT!) and do everything in reverse.

Somehow it always goes smoothly and we're always happy we brought it.

For your situation, if you are traveling alone, I bet you could ask for some help getting it to the gate/down the ramp. I would not check it as luggage. it is not something I think would do well in the conveyor belt situation. The bag is not padded.

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't think it'll be a big deal. Just try and get a bag for it (might have to ask at baggage claim, even if you gate check it).

Since it's a single, I can't see that it'd be any different than pretty much any other stroller out there.

A couple weeks ago on my flight back from Maui, I saw a couple on my flight gate check a BOB double!