Default Tell me I'm not the only one to watch the Hills

Can you believe that they are going to continue it with Kristin Cavallari. I say ick, but I'll probably watch it anyway. Do think it was just coincidence that LC's and Kristin's dresses matched at the wedding.
    Sonia, who is eagerly awaiting the magic laundry fairy to visit me
    Mommy to M girls

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Nope - you're not alone. I don't know if I will watch with Kristin. I've never warmed up to her.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

You're not the only one....I just don't know why I watch it....I can't say I really love it. I think it's totally fake. And yet I watch.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

I watch it too, although I have no idea why. Kristin's appearance was so horribly scripted last night. Usually I'm amused by the more 'rehearsed' scenes (Heidi and Spencer's bad acting mainly), but I thought last night was ridiculous.
    Laura
    Sweet Big Sister 2005
    Sweet Baby Sister 2007
    Sweet Baby Boy 2010

I watch too. I actually just finished watching last nights episode and was surprised at how scripted the ending was. Really cheesy. I will probably still watch to see what happens when Kristin joins. It's like a car wreck...Just can't look away!

Ann

let73 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I watch it too! DH rolls his eyes every time the theme song comes on!

It's one of my guilty pleasures next to People Magazine. It's nice to watch a light show after the kids go to sleep. I always DVR it and watch it alone (DH thinks I'm completely silly to watch something like this so I wait until he is in bed too). I am way too old to watch the show but started by watching Laguna Beach. I think I liked LB due to the nice scenery and to see how another type of people lived. I was definitely an LC fan over Kristin back then. I always wanted LC & Steven to really get together. I will probably still watch at least in the beg. It looks like Kristin will be going after Justin Bobby and hanging with the not so nice females like the female bartender (my memory is blanking on her name). Kristin always seemed a bit ditzy back on LB so we'll see if maturity has helped her out. On last night's finale I liked the scene between Lauren and Heidi at the church but found the whole Kristin thing a bit scripted.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    I watch too. I actually just finished watching last nights episode and was surprised at how scripted the ending was. Really cheesy. I will probably still watch to see what happens when Kristin joins. It's like a car wreck...Just can't look away!

Ann
    Exactly. My husband also makes fun of me. He also said with disdain, after I complained about his watching b-ball, "I don't say anything to you when you watch Housewives of NJ". Ouch!
    Mommy to M girls

I watch the Hills too ... so does DH. However, I was not clear on exactly who Kristin was?????? It was obvious that a lot of the other cast members knew who she was.

Quote Originally Posted by lovebeingamom View Post
    I watch the Hills too ... so does DH. However, I was not clear on exactly who Kristin was?????? It was obvious that a lot of the other cast members knew who she was.
    She was on Laguna Beach. She's a year younger than Lauren and her "rival". Kristin dated Stephen who was LC's best friend/crush. Kristin dated Brody for a while before he hooked up with Lauren.
    Mommy to M girls