KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Lip burn on 3yo, what to use?

My nephew's lips are burned badly. What can I tell my sister to put on them to help?
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

How?

Try an aloe plant or aloe
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    How?
    This is horrible, which is why I didn't say how it happened, but he put his lips on her flat iron.
    He has a horrible fascination with hot stuff. About 6 months ago he put his hand on the stove top, and I caught him trying to open the oven a few days ago.
    I haven't seen him yet but she said they look awful. They are white with yellow blisters and they are starting to crack. Someone told her its better not to put anything on them but I can't see how thats going to help.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

She should take him to the dr. I thought blisters from a burn meant you needed medical treatment. There might be a cream then can prescribe that will help the most...

Yikes....it's scary that kids will do that...

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yeowch! ITA that DN needs to be seen by a doctor. On top of treating the burn they need to seek some help figuring out why he is doing this. Repeatedly burning himself on purpose is not normal. We are hard wired to avoid burns at all costs. Something is not right with his wiring, you know? I don't see this getting better by keeping it hush hush.

Please understand I don't mean to sound judgemental of DN or your relatives in the least. I think it is a physiological problem that needs to be addressed. Good luck to them on this.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

I think he needs to go to the doctor. Google "second degree burns." The way you describe it sounds like some of the descriptions I read. It's on his face, if it doesn't heal properly it could affect him the rest of his life. Hopefully she'll take him and all will all be fine, but I really, really think he needs to see a doctor. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the poor little guy!!
    Last edited by TwinFoxes; 06-14-2009 at 11:15 PM. Reason: left out a word.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!