hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Which strollers for trip to San Diego/amusement parks etc

We are going to San Diego (just posted this to lounge). We are going to the zoo, legoland, SeaWorld and Disneyland. We will need a stroller for both kids to ride in. P&T Sport is not as flexible I am thinking -- we might want to split up with each taking a kid etc plus I feel like DS #2 has a crappy view in the P&T for the zoo and Disney.

Options are BabyJogger, Quinny Zapp, Zooper Waltz. DS #1 is 4 and 43 lbs (so slightly over the Zapp and Waltz limits). DS #2 is almost 2 and 33 lbs.

Or I could get a Maclaren. Do I need a new stroller?

TIA!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

jacksmoma is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

does the 4 year old really need to be in a stroller? seems like you could just carry him/her at the end of the day if they really needed to be carried. maybe a toddler ride on board would work well, if my child was 4 i would encourage them to walk or if they really couldn't then to use the toddler board.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For Disneyland the 4 year old will need a stroller esp. since you are going to be there when it's crowded like it is in August. I see 7 and 8 year olds in the rented Baby Jogger Q Series at Disneyland because they too are just pooped out. For Sea World he might be able to get away without a stroller because it is a much smaller park, the Zoo is pretty large and hilly too so I might consider a rental at the Zoo. Never been to Legoland so I can't comment.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks -- yes my 4 year old (just turned 4) will need a stroller at least for WDL. We did WDW a few months ago and after about 3 hrs it was really needed, plus you can get places a lot faster with one.

Any ideas on what?
    Thanks!
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07