Default ebay case/feedback question (long story)

For those who are experienced ebayers: I bought something recently and paid promptly via paypal, as I always do. After a while, the item hadn't shipped, so I went to ebay to check and saw there was an alert that a case opened against me for nonpayment. I didn't get any email about it from him directly or ebay, maybe my spam filter ate it? I chased down the paypal info and sent it to the seller. Turns out he changed his email address and did not update paypal. Totally his fault, which he admitted to in email. He got his payment, I got my item, but now what do I do for feedback? Does this case ding against me as a buyer, even though it is closed? Thanks for any advice.

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

What does the UPI report show? If it was taken care of before the case closed, it should be ok. If not, it may show an unpaid item against your name, which you'd need to get ebay to reverse.

Feedback is totally up to you of course, and it just depends on how you feel about the whole thing. I'd probably be pretty annoyed with the situation, but if the seller was apologetic about it, and really helpful after he discovered his mistake, I'd probably just not leave feedback. If he wasn't, then I'd consider leaving a negative. I can't see leaving positive in this case, b/c in any case, he was careless, so I'd rule that out.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

It said "buyer indicates will pay for item" because I hit that automated button before I had looked into the full story. Then the log says "This case is closed. The seller chose to close the case." So on paper it looks like I forgot then paid which was not the situation. I guess I hoped the seller would put the full story down, but maybe he hit an automated button too. Thanks for the feedback advice. I won't leave any. He was apologetic and mailed the item immediately.