Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    zephyr is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default How long did you use your Moby Wrap for?

Just curious. I am not pregnant *yet* but am already researching carriers. I didn't use them for ds but am really hoping I will for future babies. I see this one gets mentioned on the boards a lot. So how long did you use your Moby for? Was it mostly during the infant stage or did you continue through the toddler stage? Also how easy was it to use?
    Zephyr

KBecks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It is a lot of fabric to wrap. We used it mostly for the first 4-6 months. Our babe is 9 months now and I am done with it, but he is a large babe. I liked the Moby but I am not super into baby wearing.
    Karen, mom to three beautiful boys, 10/2004, 7/2006 and 10/2008!
    trying to spend less time online, doh!

*I regret choosing circumcision for my sons.*
    Our new arrival is NOT circed.

catpagmo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Still using mine and DS is almost 5 months.
    DD 12/05
    DS 02/09

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."

~Franklin D. Roosevelt

I used mine for the first 2 months or so. It is really comfortable, especially right after giving birth. The weight is distributed evenly, and the baby is cocooned up nice and snug. However, it *is* a lot of fabric, and can be intimidating. If I didn't put it on correctly the first time, I'd have to redo the whole thing, and both the baby and I would get really frustrated and start to overheat.

I have heard good things about the sleepywrap which is a lighter, stretchier fabric. Also, if you can practice before the baby arrives with a teddy bear or something that would probably help a lot

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

About the first 6 mo, then I switch to a mei tai.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

zephyr is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Thanks all! So I'm guessing the average is around 6 months. BTW, I like the idea of practicing with a teddy bear before baby arrives to get it right.
    Zephyr

kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

6 months and still going strong. But my 6 month old is only now working on 15 pounds, so not the biggest of babies
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

ahrimie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I could only do it up to 4 months or so. While I loved it, wrapping and undoing was a lot of work. Also, I'm very petite and slim naturally so I had a ton of fabric leftover. I wish there were a petite version... I seriously contemplated cutting some fabric off!

DD1 5/08
    DD2 6/11

I think I really only used my Moby for about the first six weeks when I really wanted my baby snuggled up in a cocoon. I did master the Hug Hold, but my dd would get impatient with me and cry when she had to wait for me to wrap and unwrap it. After that, I switched to the Bjorn Active and have been really happy with it.

I did try the Moby again a few days ago (my dd is now 5 months) and I had some trouble adjusting it so she could face out. She kept flopping forward. I think I need to practice, since it's a new wrap position. I love the Bjorn, but feel like I should give the Moby another try since it was expensive and I didn't get a ton of use out of it!

I used the moby for about 5-6 months, then switched over to a Beco (and a Yamo, and a few others ).

Check out more carriers at www.thebabywearer.com ...there is tons of info over there!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast