TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Chicco Key Fit 30 and stroller frame

Is the Chicco Key Fit 30 compatible with either the Baby Trend Snap N Go or the Graco stroller frame? Thanks!

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not sure about those, but I've heard it works well with the Maclaren Easy Traveler stroller frame. That's the one I plan to get.

Jenng is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

It works with the graco stroller frame fine, it just doesn't snap in... the issue though is that the canopy on the chicco does not shield your little one at all when in a stroller frame, or anywhere else for that matter, LOL. I would look into a regular stroller with a canopy that fits the chicco... The Peg Pliko, Combi Helio, Inglesina Zippy and Peg Aria Oh all fit the Chicco seat great and have great canopies to cocoon your baby. Trust me, I have the Chicco Keyfit 30 and went through a bunch of strollers to see which one worked. I had to get rid of my frame because my son had the sun in his eyes all the time... Good luck!

I have the Keyfit 30 and didn't feel good about the fit in the Graco frame at the time. It fits snug in the Baby Trend Snap n Go, but it has to be this year's model or later. When I was first pregnant last year I tried it in the Snap n Go at Babies R Us and it was a no-go. Then a few months later I saw one in the store with a tag on it that said it fit the keyfit 30. I tried that and it worked great.

I'd have to agree with PP about the canopy. It's pretty lacking (the one thing I don't like about the Keyfit.) I only use mine for shopping trips, not for actual walks, etc. If need be, I'll throw a light blanket over the thing to block sun or a light rain while between car and store.
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Baby Trend's website says the single stroller frame is compatible with the Chicco, but I think it is only the newer model of the stroller (1035R) (I only discovered this last night after tons of research.)

http://www.babytrend.com/cgi-bin/faq.pl

I have not actaully tried it at the store, but this would solve SO many decision problems for me.
    Last edited by TwoBees; 07-27-2009 at 08:52 AM.

I highly recommend the Maclaren Easy Traveller. I just purchased my KeyFit yesterday and tried it out with the Mac at BBB...it fits perfectly! Great fold, easy steering, everything you'd expect from a Maclaren.

I have the Keyfit 30 and used the Maclaren Easy Traveler. LOVED both!!! The stroller is unbelievably light, easy to fold and fits easily in the trunk of a Civic. The Keyfit does not snap in, but can be well secured with the strap. I solved the sunshade problem by getting a Kiddopotamus shade from brus (maybe $15). It attaches with 4 velcro straps, is very flexible and will fold like a car sun shade. I'm sure they have other brands, I just grabbed this one to try and it worked nicely.
    It all depends on your needs for a stroller. There was no way I was going to deal with a travel system type stroller and I needed something until my ds could sit up.

After much research and consideration, I think I am going to use the Chicco Keyfit with the Peg Si Stroller. It weighs about the same as the snap and go but is a regular umbrella stroller and can be used without the carseat adapter from as early as 3 months. It is definitely more expensive but I think will be a stroller that I can use over time rather than just when the baby is in the carseat. It is sold at BRU so you could check it out and see how it fits together.