Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Updates and Prayers needed for Andrew

I'm going to make this brief, so I'm not in tears again over the issues...
    Andrew has had a bad case of jaundice that has required several days of at home bili-blanket treatment, and after taking him off the blanket, his numbers started going back up. He may need to be hospitalized. That in itself is bad enough, but now there is added concern as to WHY is his body not able to lower the levels itself.

In addition to that, the midwives (whom I am so very thankful for) found a heart murmur only minutes after his birth. So after a trip to the pediatric cardiologist yesterday, we found out he has pulmonary valve stynosis, and will require heart catheterization (under general anesthesia--which scares me to death)--in only 3 weeks. He is just so perfect...the idea of anyone doing anything to his sweet little body, and causing him any pain just shakes me to the core.

Please keep Andrew and our family in your thoughts and prayers. I have had postpartum depression with my last two kiddos and I'm terrified this all may be the straw that breaks the camels back this time around. My mother also left this morning after a week of help, and now it's just DH and I here with the "dynamic duo" and the baby. Pray for our strength to make it through this rough time, and come out stronger on the other side.

Thanks so much,
    Last edited by daisymommy; 08-14-2009 at 11:01 AM.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Amy, wishing you and your family, and especially baby Andrew, all the best.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

stella is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Oh hon. It is going to be okay. They do these operations on babies all the time and your precious Andrew will be better for the surgery. Try not to focus on the procedure, but on the fact that they are fixing what is wrong with his heart. I am so sorry, but I am confident that he has good medical care and two parents who will do anything for him.

If you have a history of PPD, why not talk to your doctor about these events and ask if they could prescribe something or just be aware of your propensity.

Big hugs of comfort to you.

deborah_r is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Amy, my thoughts are with you and baby Andrew. ((hugs))
    Deb
    Mama to my guys, K (May '03) and Q (June '07)

missym is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Sending lots of prayers and PT for your family and especially sweet little Andrew. I'm sorry you're all going through this. Big hugs.
    Missy
    Mom to DD1 '03 and DD2 '05

amandabea is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sending you virtual hugs and keeping you, your family and especially baby Andrew in my thoughts and prayers.
    mommy to DD 1/07

JTsMom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh, Amy! I'm so sorry.

I know how scary it all is, but I'm hoping I can reassure you a little bit. We went through open heart surgery at 3 months with Jason, and a cath at 13 months. I can tell you that the cath was really not bad at all. I swear it! Jason was literally running up and down the halls the next day! The worst part was trying to get him to lie down. I'll even send you pics if you want.

If you want to talk, please let me know. Every cardiac situation is different, of course, but the thing that helped me the most was talking to other moms who had BTDT.

My thoughts are with your family.
    Lori
    Mom to Jason 05/05
    and Zachary 05/10

Melbel is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Sending more prayers and positive thoughts. I am so sorry you are going through this. for you and sweet baby Andrew.

Thank-you ladies....
    Lori, did Jason seem to be in any pain after having the heart cath. done? It makes me sad to think of my baby being in pain and not being able to tell me about it.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

dcmom2b3 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    M-H

"Mombee" to my Bunny

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast