SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Boden refund-should I pay now?

I had placed an order Dec 8 for some end of season sale items. 2 tops were for my nieces for Christmas, I remember calling them 3 times about if the order was going to arrive on time, assured it was. The order didn't, about a week or so after Christmas. I had last called them Dec. 23 and they offered to and gave me a complete refund for the order since it didn't arrive near the estimated date.

I had forgotten about this (duh). I opened my hoodies the other day for the boys and washed them, hung them to dry. I went to check them later, it was then I realized one was smaller, I had ordered 2 3-4s and one was a 18-24M.

So I call them today to see if I could get a refund for the smaller one, after she gets the order pulled up she sees that I was refunded, the order was reported as lost. (I'm feeling like a big idiot!!) She was very forceful about me paying for everything NOW. Even the shirts for my nieces who I had to give money to for Christmas and the too small hoody.

Now that I remember it, LOL, I do remember they quickly offered a refund, I've spent so much with them I didn't feel that bad. I in no way asked for one, just mentioned that I got a notice it shipped on Dec. 9, when I called 2 times I was given 2 different arrival dates, both before Christmas, when was it actually going to get here? KWIM?

I don't think I should have to pay for my neices shirts, I gave them money for Christmas, one niece I sent the shirt to later, it was a sleeveless top and they don't have alot, the other was for my great-neice who is an only grandchild and overly bought for, lol, I just sold it on ebay, I thought I had paid for it and lost about $2. And not pay for the 24M hoody.

But I do have one 3-4 hoody and 3 shirts for the boys. I do feel somewhat obligated to pay for those now. On the other hand I was offered a refund since the order didn't arrive on the 2 dates I was given (I think the 20th and the 22nd).

I was just wondering what others opinions were. A huge part of me says keep the refund that was offered to me, I've spent too much money with them (I buy myself tops too). Another parts says I should pay for what I'm going to use. Then I think Boden is nowhere near bankruptcy, etc, etc.

Thanks for any opinions!

Sam

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not sure I totally understand the situation.

You received a refund on your entire order last December b/c it wasn't going to arrive in time. They didn't ask you to return the items, though, right?

Now, a lady there wants you to pay for all of the items that you were refunded for. Is that right?

If I have all that straight, I don't think you owe them a penny. They gave you a refund for a mailing issue and didn't want you to return the clothes. I also don't think that you can get any more money back for the improperly sized hoodie, but I don't think you would have asked for that if you had remembered about the other refund.

Did I understand?

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm confused too. The order did come but you were refunded and they now want you to pay?

And why would you ask them for another refund on the hoodie if you already got one?
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

SammyeGail is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I had completely forgotten I had been refunded for the order, that was back in December and only a month had passed since my my mothers death, thats not easy to deal with.

If I had remembered I had been refunded for the order, I would have never called about the hoody, thats why I felt like an idiot.

She was just so forceful about me paying for everything NOW, I told her the refund was for it not arriving on the dates given to me, but their records show it was marked as lost. I told her I would think about it and call back.

I told DH and he said no way am I paying for anything, he remembers how upset I was about not having anything for my nieces, it was a very emotional time being right after my mothers death and our family trying to have a Christmas (last minute) at my sisters anyway, which was a flop : (.

Sam

I would not pay them a dime and would call and tell this too the highest ranking person that you can find. I have never ordered from this comapany and will not due to the bad service.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Definitely don't pay for it. They marked it incorrectly in their paperwork. End of story.