Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Claki View Post
    I am curious to know about kids stores. So is Gymbo stuff all made for outlets, or do they have some last season stuff too?
    I was curious about this, so I asked a few years ago. They told me that Gymboree takes the most popular lines from the previous year and REMAKES it, but changes the color and the quality a little bit. The items won't be an exact match b/c the colors are off. I believe there are some squares or dots on the left side of the word Gymboree on the tag to denote they are outlet items.

Can someone look at an outfit they know came from a Gymbo outlet and clarify what the symbol is?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

It's four little dots to the left of Gymboree on the tag.

I bought DD some pjs and a nightgown there and they have seem to held up fine. I also bought her a pair of the ice cream print capris she had from last year and a matching tee shirt, both seem very similar in quality to the ones she had before. The ice cream capris had two ice cream cones vs. three on her original pair. I hope they put some of last year's scotty dog stuff in there this year. I usually don't care for the animal prints, but I liked that one in little bits and pieces.

I have bought one dress from a Gap Outlet many moons ago when I was in college and since then I haven't found anything that I really needed.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

The Gymbo outlet stuff I have has 9 orange square forming a larger 3x3 square. I'll try posting a picture later once DD is in bed. It turns out I don't have any Gap outlet baby items but I looked at some outlet items I own and could easily see the difference that was described (3 squares under the Gap logo.)
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

The Gymbo outlet stuff that we have has 9 orange dots which are aligned 3x3 to form a square. The regular stuff doesn't have any marks at all except "Gymboree" on the tag. I will say, though, that I haven't noticed any difference in quality. Not like the difference in the adult made-for-outlet Gap stuff, which is often super-thin. But it's not like we're using it for super-long as DS grows out of stuff so quickly. I don't have any Gap baby outlet stuff, they never have anything I want there.

While the standalone BR and Gap stores at the outlets seem to have lots of factory store stuff (made for it, and it says so on the tag), there are some stores that sell leftovers from the regular mall stores. At least there were about 5 years ago when we were in CO for a trip, and also in Kittery, Maine, IIRC, we found a store that combined BR/Gap/ON (which are all owned by the same parent company) and I was able to find the exact same pants that I'd bought at the regular store as well as coordinates to a suit from BR. Don't know if those still exist or not. I do know that there weren't many of them.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

I don't live near a Hanna outlet (or a Hanna store) but have called the outlets & placed telephone orders many times. I've found the quality to be exactly the same as the catalog.

The Gap outlet varies. Some things are last year's left overs but some things are made special for the outlet. JMO but with some of the "made for outlet" items, the quality is the same, with some things it's not quite the same.

With Carters, it all seemed the same to me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2